It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Urgent problem with VS2008 and TC 2.0.2

David Davies (20612713) | asked Apr 21 '10, 7:34 a.m.
Hi guys

We have been using VS2008 with TC for around 6 months we very few problems and all the developers have grown to really like it.

In the last few days, I have 2 developer desktops which are throwing up the error

File system daemon for c:\vs2008 has not been started correctly.

We are in the the last sprint of the delivery and really need to get this sorted.

Any ideas?

cheers

David

3 answers

permanent link
David Davies (20612713) | answered Apr 21 '10, 9:05 a.m.
This is the stack trace:

Error message:
Problem occurred while computing pending changes.
Exception type:
com.ibm.team.foundation.service.RestTransportException
Exception message:
File system daemon for C:\vs2008 has not been started correctly
Exception stack trace:
at com.ibm.team.foundation.service.WebRequestInvocationProxy.Invoke(IMessage myIMessage) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002_20091209-2213\Foundation\ServiceInterfaceProxy\WebRequestInvocationProxy.cs:line 89
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.service.rest.IFilesystemRestClient.getResourceProperties(ParmsResourceProperties parms, IProgressMonitor progress)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FilesystemClient.GetResourceProperties(String copyFileArea, String[] resourcePaths, Boolean computeFully, IProgressMonitor monitor) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002_20091209-2213\Filesystem\FilesystemClient\FilesystemClient.cs:line 702
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FilesystemClient.GetResourceProperties(String copyFileArea, String resourcePath, Boolean computeFully, IProgressMonitor monitor) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002_20091209-2213\Filesystem\FilesystemClient\FilesystemClient.cs:line 680
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FilesystemClient.GetResourceProperties(String copyFileArea, String resourcePath, IProgressMonitor monitor) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002_20091209-2213\Filesystem\FilesystemClient\FilesystemClient.cs:line 672
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.ui.SyncViewRefresh.RunCompleted(SyncViewRefreshInput input, Result result, Boolean isCancelled, Exception error) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002_20091209-2213\Filesystem\FilesystemUI\SyncViewRefresh.cs:line 221

If I disconnect project from Jazz and then re-share it, it appears to work.

thanks

David

permanent link
David Davies (20612713) | answered Apr 21 '10, 12:07 p.m.
As a further update, the scm.exe process seems to start, load about 80mb of data, throw the Daemon error and then stop.

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Apr 22 '10, 12:19 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Would you please try repairing the metada via Tools->Options->Source Control->Jazz Source Control->Repair Metadata? This may be a problem with corrupted metadata.

Were you using the same sandbox c:\vs2008 earlier and then suddenly it started throwing up errors? Did you happen to upgrade to any of the iFixes?

I've also created a work item to track this - makes it easier to attach trace files. The work item's at https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/112780.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.