It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Active Directory


Kartik Kanakasabesan (20112) | asked May 10 '07, 10:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Folks,
I wanted to know how many users out there have setup their
jazz infrastructure (i.e. Jazz server)integrated with Active Directory
as a LDAP server.
Appreciate the insight on this matter.

Regards,
Kartik

6 answers



permanent link
Philippe Krief (561155) | answered May 17 '07, 8:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kartik,

We did it with the IBM LDAP server for our Jumpstart Server

Regards
Philippe

permanent link
Kartik Kanakasabesan (20112) | answered May 23 '07, 1:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Philippe Krief wrote:
Hi Kartik,

We did it with the IBM LDAP server for our Jumpstart Server

Regards
Philippe
Hi Philippe,

I am specially looking for LDAP server configuration with
Windows Active Directory. Do we have any installations with Active
Directory.
Regards,
Kartik

permanent link
Scott Rich (57136) | answered May 25 '07, 4:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Kartik Kanakasabesan wrote:
Philippe Krief wrote:
Hi Kartik,

We did it with the IBM LDAP server for our Jumpstart Server

Regards
Philippe
Hi Philippe,
I am specially looking for LDAP server configuration with
Windows Active Directory. Do we have any installations with Active
Directory.
Regards,
Kartik

Kartik, I do not know of any at this time.

Scott

permanent link
Stefan Stern (4062128) | answered May 25 '07, 5:00 p.m.
We did it with the IBM LDAP server for our Jumpstart Server

To what extent can the user authentication be done via LDAP / AD?

For instance, can I use AD instead of creating the Jazz users?

Or do I connect the application server (for us: Tomcat) to the AD in
order to authenticate https access to the Jazz web ui. If the latter, do
I have to name the users' ids according to the domain ID? So when a user
has logged in via WebUI, Jazz can identify him / her as Jazz users due
to matching id?

Regards,
Stefan

permanent link
Richard Backhouse (6661) | answered May 26 '07, 8:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Stefan,

Jazz itself does not do any user authentication. This left to the
AppServer/WebContainer that Jazz is deployed in. You do, however, have
to create a contributor for each of your users in Jazz. This is the
userid that will be needed to authenticate with. Checking the password
is handled by whatever authentication system is configured in the
AppServer.

So to answer your question specifically :

You cannot use AD to create the Jazz Users. Any user you add to AD must
also have a contributor created within Jazz with the same userid.

Hope that helps

Richard

Stefan Stern wrote:
We did it with the IBM LDAP server for our Jumpstart Server

To what extent can the user authentication be done via LDAP / AD?

For instance, can I use AD instead of creating the Jazz users?

Or do I connect the application server (for us: Tomcat) to the AD in
order to authenticate https access to the Jazz web ui. If the latter, do
I have to name the users' ids according to the domain ID? So when a user
has logged in via WebUI, Jazz can identify him / her as Jazz users due
to matching id?

Regards,
Stefan

permanent link
Stefan Stern (4062128) | answered May 26 '07, 1:39 p.m.
Hello Richard

Hope that helps


Yes, it does :-)

Thanks a lot. I will go for Tomcat documentation regarding LDAP
authentication.

Thanks and regards,
Stefan

Your answer


Register or to post your answer.


Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.