It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to load a workspace from the command line (AIX)

Jonathan Dale (10135) | asked Jun 30 '15, 10:01 a.m.
I try to load the same workspace I load on Windows with the GUI tool,  from the command line on AIX.
I get errors such as:
% lscm load --force trunk_proxy -r https://bajazz03.canlab.ibm.com:9700/ccm -u jondale@us.ibm.com -P xxxxxx

/.project (requested to be loaded from both component tm1devtools and tm1server)
  Component (1008) "tm1devtools"
  Component (1001) "tm1server"
  Component (1002) "tm1web"
  Component (1009) "tm1clients"
  Component (1007) "tm1common"
/.settings (requested to be loaded from both component tm1common and tm1server)
  Component (1008) "tm1devtools"
/prod (requested to be loaded from both component tm1clients and tm1web)
  Component (1002) "tm1web"

Individual components (such as "tm1server") load, but I can not load "tm1common" on top of it without getting an error:
     "Load could not complete due to collisions.  Overwrite existing items with --force or specify a different load target for the component."

If I use the "--force" flag to load the second component it DELETES THE FIRST !

***  How should I do this load?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jun 30 '15, 11:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe you have .project files at the root of the component. When the command line loads the components in the sandbox (directory in your filesystem) it detects that there is already a .project file that exists (from the previous component) and complains about it. As you mentioned using --force just overwrites the existing file with that of the component being loaded.

Use -i/--include-root option when loading the repository workspace which would create the directory with the component name and loads the component files/folder below that directory. This way the .project will not clash with the other components .project file as they will be loaded in separate directories.
If you would like to create directories not using component names but with some other name, then you have to individually load the components with the -t/--target option. If you expect this directory structure to be replicated by other users you can create a load rules file with the directory structure of your sandbox and upload/checkin the load rule file so that other users can load using this load rule file.
Jonathan Dale selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.