It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using 'scm changeset relocate'

Dave Westerman (331010) | asked Apr 07 '10, 6:19 p.m.
I'm an RTC newb, and I have a question about using the 'scm changeset relocate' command. The documentation doesn't describe it very well, and the scm help command gives a little more info, but not much.

I want to move a couple changes from 'Unresolved' to an existing changeset. But I can't get it to work.

Here is the output of my 'scm status':

purpur:~/RTC/LynxDevStream$ scm status -C -w
Workspace: (1000) "LynxDevStream Workspace" <-> (1004) "LynxDevStream"
Component: (1001) "lynx"
Baseline: (1005) 1 "Initial Baseline"
Unresolved:
-c /lynx/etc/includes/UCM.xml
Outgoing:
Change sets:
(1006) --@ 7219 "UCM - Check in source for Propmeister and Logginator rout..." - "Update build files"
Changes:
---c /lynx/UCMPlugIns/Logginator/build/build.xml
Work items:
(1008) 7219 "UCM - Check in source for Propmeister and Logginator rout..."

I want to move the change under 'Unresolved' to the Change set 1006. Here is what I tried from the top level directory (so that the relative path would be correct):

$ scm changeset relocate -d . 1006 lynx/etc/includes/UCM.xml
Problem running 'changeset relocate':
Change identified by (1010) "lynx/etc/includes/UCM.xml" could not be found in workspace "LynxDevStream Workspace", component (1001) "lynx". Verify that change set is open and change exists.

I also tried with a '/' in front of the file, as the status listing shows it, but I keep getting then same error. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

2 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Apr 08 '10, 9:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The scm changeset relocate command is for moving changes already in a changeset to another changeset.

I think you want to use the 'checkin' command to check-in unresolved changes to a change set.

Hope that helps!

permanent link
Dave Westerman (331010) | answered Apr 08 '10, 11:03 a.m.
Thanks, Tim, that did it! I'm slowly getting the hang of this RTC thing!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.