It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to upgrade my client from 1.0.1 to latest?

Ed Richard (644) | asked Apr 02 '10, 1:28 p.m.
I tried everything I could see including "Check for updates" which looks like it only updates individual components? Can anyone direct me to where and how to update my client installation of RTC 1.0.1 (so it matches the web version 2.0.0.2 or whatever the lastest is?) thanks

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 03 '10, 10:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

if you tried to use the eclipse updating mechanism that is not going to work.

RTC can be installed using a zip or an installation manager version.

If you installed the zip version, download the respective zip version of RTC and install that.
If you used the installation manager version start the installation manager and let it look for an updated version.

You can install a zip version into another directory easily enough and keep the old version until you are sure the new one works. I think you can do a similar thing with the Installation Manager Version if you download the install files from jazz.net.

If you installed RTC into an existing Eclipse, please check the supported Eclipse Versions RTC 1.x was based on Eclipse 3.3 RTC 2.x is based on 3.4.

The server should be updated to 2.0.0.2 too... How to is mentioned in https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0.0.2iFix1?p=upgrading

I tried everything I could see including "Check for updates" which looks like it only updates individual components? Can anyone direct me to where and how to update my client installation of RTC 1.0.1 (so it matches the web version 2.0.0.2 or whatever the lastest is?) thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.