It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to view all tasks of a story

David Davies (20612713) | asked Mar 30 '10, 4:36 a.m.
Hi guys

Is there a type of plan or a view of a plan that will let you see all of the tasks that have been done against it, both closed and open. it appears to almost do it, but only looks at the current sprint forwards.

The reasoning behind this is that we are running a project where the business wanted to see all the screens as the most important thing so we created a task under each story to build the screen. This was completed in sprint 1 but now we need to add further tasks to each story to link each screen to the middleware, back end db etc. Because of this strange requirement we have left the stories in the release backlog and only move the tasks into the sprints. I would like a way in the release backlog , under each story, to see how much work is left ( this works ), but also how much work has been done in the previous sprints.

cheers

David

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 30 '10, 12:51 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I just created a release backlog with options always load all execution items. For the stories qualifying to be presented in the plan the work breakdown view allowed me to browse the story hierarchy. It also seemed to show me all child execution items.

Can you try that?

Otherwise a query exposing the parent child relationship would be an option..

Hi guys

Is there a type of plan or a view of a plan that will let you see all of the tasks that have been done against it, both closed and open. it appears to almost do it, but only looks at the current sprint forwards.

The reasoning behind this is that we are running a project where the business wanted to see all the screens as the most important thing so we created a task under each story to build the screen. This was completed in sprint 1 but now we need to add further tasks to each story to link each screen to the middleware, back end db etc. Because of this strange requirement we have left the stories in the release backlog and only move the tasks into the sprints. I would like a way in the release backlog , under each story, to see how much work is left ( this works ), but also how much work has been done in the previous sprints.

cheers

David

permanent link
David Davies (20612713) | answered Mar 31 '10, 5:39 a.m.
Hi Ralph

Thanks very much for that tip - it is giving us what we want. I wondered what that option was for!!!

Thanks again

David

Hi,

I just created a release backlog with options always load all execution items. For the stories qualifying to be presented in the plan the work breakdown view allowed me to browse the story hierarchy. It also seemed to show me all child execution items.

Can you try that?

Otherwise a query exposing the parent child relationship would be an option..

Hi guys

cheers

David

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.