It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import SVM dump file to RTC: error occurred

Lin Ye (30632611) | asked Mar 29 '10, 9:47 a.m.
Hi,

I got an error when I tried to import a svn dump file to RTC standard 2.0.0.2:

Problems occurred running import from svn.

Reason:
An error occurred uploading contents for revision 2 of file '/org.eclipse.cdt.ui/plugin.xml'

The xml file is 152K, about 3521 lines. That is not too big. Anybody knows the reason of this error? Thank you very much.

Lin

6 answers

permanent link
Lin Ye (30632611) | answered Mar 30 '10, 12:32 p.m.
Error log:
An error occurred uploading contents for revision 1 of file '/com.ibm.team.workitem.ide.ui.example/com.ibm.team.workitem.ide.ui.source_2.1.0.I200912011601.jar'. Upload will be retried with encoding ISO-8859-1

Stack:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceException: CRJAZ1247I The request to the server failed. The server returned the http error 400 with error text "Bad Request". Examine any further details here or look in the server log files for more information on how to resolve the issue.
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.throwHttpClientError(ClientHttpUtil.java:390)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(ClientHttpUtil.java:339)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.content.BasicVersionedContentManager.executeMethod(BasicVersionedContentManager.java:641)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.content.BasicVersionedContentManager.invokeContentPut(BasicVersionedContentManager.java:620)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.content.BasicVersionedContentManager$5.run(BasicVersionedContentManager.java:978)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.content.BasicVersionedContentManager$5.run(BasicVersionedContentManager.java:1)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$3.run(TeamRepository.java:1169)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.CancelableCaller.call(CancelableCaller.java:79)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.callCancelableService(TeamRepository.java:1162)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.content.BasicVersionedContentManager.internalStoreContent(BasicVersionedContentManager.java:967)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.content.BasicVersionedContentManager.storeContent(BasicVersionedContentManager.java:462)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.content.FileContentManager.storeContent(FileContentManager.java:307)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ChangeSetArchiveImporter.setContents(ChangeSetArchiveImporter.java:1131)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ChangeSetArchiveImporter.setContents(ChangeSetArchiveImporter.java:1051)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ChangeSetArchiveImporter.createFile(ChangeSetArchiveImporter.java:1000)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ChangeSetArchiveImporter.performCreate(ChangeSetArchiveImporter.java:837)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ChangeSetArchiveImporter.collectChange(ChangeSetArchiveImporter.java:645)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ChangeSetArchiveImporter.collectChanges(ChangeSetArchiveImporter.java:596)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ChangeSetArchiveImporter.commitChanges(ChangeSetArchiveImporter.java:581)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ChangeSetArchiveImporter.importChangeSetArchive(ChangeSetArchiveImporter.java:329)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ImportArchiveOperation.doImport(ImportArchiveOperation.java:132)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ImportArchiveOperation.run(ImportArchiveOperation.java:80)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ImportArchiveOperation.performImport(ImportArchiveOperation.java:227)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ui.ImportOperation.importIntoWorkspace(ImportOperation.java:186)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ui.ImportOperation.filesystemRun(ImportOperation.java:123)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.ui.operations.FileSystemUIOperation.repositoryRun(FileSystemUIOperation.java:44)

permanent link
Lin Ye (30632611) | answered Mar 30 '10, 1:08 p.m.
Hope I am not bothering people here. I got a little more progress.

Here is the jar file (may be different for different svn import) which was not able to upload to the server during the svn dump import process:

com.ibm.team.workitem.ide.ui.source_2.1.0.I200912011601.jar

(Just by accident it is a RTC's plugin jar file. I need to use it in my project.)

Then I tried to attach this jar file directly to a work item. As I expected I got errors.

Error running operation 'Saving Work Item'

CRJAZ0098I The service "com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.IDirectWritingContentService{/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.IDirectWritingContentService}" failed. The server returned the http error 400 with error text "Bad Request". Examine any further details here or look in the server log files for more information on how to resolve the issue.
CRJAZ0098I The service "com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.IDirectWritingContentService{/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.IDirectWritingContentService}" failed. The server returned the http error 400 with error text "Bad Request". Examine any further details here or look in the server log files for more information on how to resolve the issue.

Anybody knows how to resolve the issue? Thanks

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Mar 31 '10, 10:30 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It would seem that this has surfaced an issue in the content store. The
best course of action would be to open a defect about this issue against
the RTC SCM component.

Michael

Raistlin wrote:
Hope I am not bothering people here. I got a little more progress.

Here is the jar file (may be different for different svn import) which
was not able to upload to the server during the svn dump import
process:

com.ibm.team.workitem.ide.ui.source_2.1.0.I200912011601.jar

(Just by accident it is a RTC's plugin jar file. I need to use it in
my project.)

Then I tried to attach this jar file directly to a work item. As I
expected I got errors.

Error running operation 'Saving Work Item'

CRJAZ0098I The service
"com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.IDirectWritingContentService{/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.IDirectWritingContentService}"
failed. The server returned the http error 400 with error text
"Bad Request". Examine any further details here or look in
the server log files for more information on how to resolve the
issue.
CRJAZ0098I The service
"com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.IDirectWritingContentService{/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.IDirectWritingContentService}"
failed. The server returned the http error 400 with error text
"Bad Request". Examine any further details here or look in
the server log files for more information on how to resolve the
issue.

Anybody knows how to resolve the issue? Thanks

permanent link
Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k910353) | answered Mar 31 '10, 11:06 a.m.
Any chance that you are using the default temp directory like /tmp on your Jazz server?

If that is the case, try to create one dedicated for Jazz to use and make the change in Jazz server's advanced configuration.

permanent link
Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k910353) | answered Mar 31 '10, 11:10 a.m.
Check my old post: http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8291&highlight=

permanent link
Lin Ye (30632611) | answered Mar 31 '10, 2:47 p.m.
Thank you very much. It works.

Lin

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.