It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Find Artefacts in the Jazz foundation via HTTP GET

Thomas Diesinger (1111) | asked Dec 17 '13, 1:28 p.m.

Hello,

I have a question and I hope that somebody can help me.

I have created a new Lifecycle Project a few days ago on my server. After that I have created just a few Artefacts in the Project. Now I want to find this Artefacts via a HTTP GET, but I don’t know where I can find them.

With the simple Query and a HTTP GET I can find all Storage Areas in the Jazz Foundation and the Project itself, but not the Artefacts of the Project.

Is there a possibility that I can find these Artefacts? If ‘Yes’ how and if not, why not.

Thank you for your Support. Kind Regards

Thomas

If there is a similar Question, can you please post the link to the Question in your Answer?

3 answers

permanent link
Gabriel Ruelas (1.1k13) | answered Dec 17 '13, 2:08 p.m.
To get the artifacts of an specific RRC project use OSLC. Check following article https://jazz.net/library/article/1197

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Dec 17 '13, 2:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thomas,

the jazz architecture builds on RESTful web services, specifically an open standard called OSLC (Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration). Following their definition you can use http calls for get, put, delete and post on resources (another name for artifacts).
There is a general OSLC workshop linked on jazz.net. The jazz article 1001 gives a good comprisive overview on how to consume OSCL web services for the domain of Change Management (Rational Team Concert).
Basically you use http get to find the /rootservice document and utilize that in further calls to find the artifacts you are searching for.

What is the specific challenge you are trying to solve? If you can give some more background I can elaborate on my answer.

If this answer contains sufficient information please mark it as accepted.

- Arne

permanent link
Thomas Diesinger (1111) | answered Dec 17 '13, 5:16 p.m.
Hello Everybody,

first of all thanks for your quick support and your help.

Just a few more background information for you Arne.

At the Moment I have a small Program with a list which I can manage Requirements. So now I want to find out if it is possible to transfer this Requirements to the Jazz Foundation.
In The CLM Suite supports the 3 Programs CCM/RTC, QM and RM. I want to “replace” the RM tool with my tool.

So my Idea was to change the List with the OSLC Requirement definition (http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/RmSpecificationV2) and than POST this Requirements to the Jazz Foundation so I can use this Requirements in the application QM and CCM.
But at the Moment I don’t know if this is Possible. That's why I posted my question here in this forum.

My English is not so good so I hope you understand my Idea and what I want to do.

Thank you.

Thomas

Comments
Arne Bister commented Dec 18 '13, 3:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thomas,
das Englisch ist prima :-)
Um ein Requirements Management tool in CLM einzubinden, muss es dem OSLC Standard folgen und ein OSLC provider werden. Wie das geht, wird im Detail im "Producer Lab" des OSLC Workshops diskutiert.
Ein Überblicksvideo und gutes Material (z.B. das Eclipse Lyo Framework) wird auf der OSLC Seite gegeben.

You can find all info required to turn your tool into an OSLC provider for RM in the OSLC Workshop and on the developer section of the OSLC webpage.

- Arne

Thomas Diesinger commented Dec 19 '13, 4:10 a.m.

Hallo Arne, <o:p> </o:p>

danke für deine Hilfe. <o:p> </o:p>

Ich hab das Tutorial „Using OSLC capabilities in the Requirements Management application“ einmal angefangen doch habe ich ein Problem an dem Punkt 3 und somit noch mal eine Frage in diesem Zusammenhang. Wenn ich ein GET gegen eins meiner Projekte ausführe bekomme ich vom Server zwar eine Antwort, doch beinhaltet diese nicht wie im Artikel beschrieben den Teil mit der CreationFactory. Kannst du mir noch einmal an diesem Punkt weiterhelfen? Danke schon mal im Voraus. <o:p> </o:p>

I started with the Turoial „Using OSLC capabilities in the Requirements Management application“ and at the Point 3 I have a problem. If I perform a GET against one of my Projekt I receive a response from the server, but these response doesn’t include the part with the CreationFactory. Can you help me with this Problem. Thanks for your Support. <o:p> </o:p>

Thomas 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.