It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Accessing included project environment variables

jim herron (814427) | asked Mar 25 '10, 1:28 p.m.
When I include a second environment from my project environment, Job start lets me change my project environment variables, but not the included variables. The included environment is listed as included, but it's variables are not available for either viewing or changing. Is there a way to see/change the variables of the included environment at job run time?

One answer

permanent link
Peter Birk (501145) | answered Mar 26 '10, 9:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When I include a second environment from my project environment, Job start lets me change my project environment variables, but not the included variables. The included environment is listed as included, but it's variables are not available for either viewing or changing. Is there a way to see/change the variables of the included environment at job run time?

I assume it's the Project environment that includes another environment. This should show up in the start page. I took a look at 7.1.1.4 and it did show both the linked Project environment and any environments that were included from that one. What version of BF are you using. When you look at the environments in RTC, the properties are flattened so you see both the main environment properties and the included environment properties all together. Let me know the version you are using and I'll try to recreate this on my system.

Thanks,
Pete

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.