It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Invoking a client plug-in from server side operation

Jagadish R Rao (10612111) | asked Mar 15 '10, 4:09 a.m.
Hi

Is it possible to invoke an eclipse plugin (client) when a server operation like saving of work item is performed or vice versa a the client to monitor ...

I am looking at searching the work item which exists on a different repository A (server) to be either updated or referred when the work item is saved on repository B (different server)

I have the client side plugin , but it is sort of not dynamic and needs to be executed by client which is manual ....

Thanks & regards
Jagadish

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 15 '10, 11:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I assume if you want to run the plugin on the server you' need ti make it a server plugin and deploy it on the server.

the SDK allows to create server side plugins http://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RtcSdk20. I'd specifically have a look into events or preconditions https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCSDK20_ProcessPreConditionExample. From other preconditions you could also have a client side precondition running the plugin locally and fail if the plugin is not installed.

Just my thoughts,

Ralph

Hi

Is it possible to invoke an eclipse plugin (client) when a server operation like saving of work item is performed or vice versa a the client to monitor ...

I am looking at searching the work item which exists on a different repository A (server) to be either updated or referred when the work item is saved on repository B (different server)

I have the client side plugin , but it is sort of not dynamic and needs to be executed by client which is manual ....

Thanks & regards
Jagadish

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.