It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

¿Is there any way to replicate the new workitems created into different repositories?

Alvaro Riera (4011218) | asked Mar 12 '15, 8:59 a.m.
 For example.

I have 3 different RTC servers. A and B
When i create a new workitem in repo A, i want this to be replicated into repo B automatically.
And it should be bidirectional, so if I modify it in repo B it have to be updated in repo A automatically too.
Is it possible ?  ( i think it isnt)
¿Are any partner that provides a plugin with this functionality?
or maybe i have to write my own method to do this?

Thank you very much.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 12 '15, 9:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It would be possible to create a custom synchronizer (similar to the ClearQuest Synchronizer) that does this. The API for synchronizers is available in the server as well as in the plain Java Client Libraries.

I am not aware that there is a RTC-RTC synchronizer. One of the partners that does synchronizer is TaskTop. they could be approachable if there is a business case to develop one.

Please note that this however exactly not what the Jazz Architecture approach is designed for. Duplication and synchronization is - as we know from all the history of tools and integrations - a bad idea. All kinds of problems can come up, especially mapping problems between the definitions of the processes on both ends, synchronization conflicts, blocks due to operational behavior. This is even problematic if the processes on both ends are stable it gets worse if they develop over time.

The Idea of CLM is to store the data only once and integrate on server/url level to avoid these problems.
Alvaro Riera selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 12 '15, 9:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It would be possible to create a custom synchronizer (similar to the ClearQuest Synchronizer) that does this. The API for synchronizers is available in the server as well as in the plain Java Client Libraries.

I am not aware that there is a RTC-RTC synchronizer. One of the partners that does synchronizer is TaskTop. they could be approachable if there is a business case to develop one.

Please note that this however exactly not what the Jazz Architecture approach is designed for. Duplication and synchronization is - as we know from all the history of tools and integrations - a bad idea. All kinds of problems can come up, especially mapping problems between the definitions of the processes on both ends, synchronization conflicts, blocks due to operational behavior. This is even problematic if the processes on both ends are stable it gets worse if they develop over time.

The Idea of CLM is to store the data only once and integrate on server/url level to avoid these problems.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.