It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Repotools.sh is failing with message about case sensitivity

Ken Murphy (1033436) | asked Mar 12 '10, 4:51 p.m.
We are trying to create the database tables in a SQL Server 2005 database for RQM using Repotools.sh on a Linux box. It is failing with the following error message:

The database is not set to support case-sensitivity in string comparison operations
The database tables were not created.

Do we need to create th database with a case-sensitive collating sequence? If so, which of the collation sequences do we use?

2 answers

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Mar 14 '10, 4:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We are trying to create the database tables in a SQL Server 2005 database for RQM using Repotools.sh on a Linux box. It is failing with the following error message:

The database is not set to support case-sensitivity in string comparison operations
The database tables were not created.

Do we need to create th database with a case-sensitive collating sequence? If so, which of the collation sequences do we use?

Hi Ken,

I'm not a SQL guru (someone else with more expertise in this area may be able to jump in), but if you are following the RQM Documentation on "Setting up a SQL Server database" you should have run this command:

ALTER DATABASE jazz COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP437_CS_AS

If I am not mistaken the CS (bolded above) would configure the database to support case-sensitivity.

Reference: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.install.doc/topics/t_s_server_installation_setup_sql.html

-Patrick

permanent link
Ken Murphy (1033436) | answered Mar 22 '10, 1:55 p.m.
Thank you, Patrick. That worked like a charm. For some reason, the printed copy of the installation instructions that I had omitted this step / command.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.