It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Bug: Jazz SCM ".flags" metadata directory in wrong

Torben Knerr (41112) | asked Feb 04 '08, 5:58 a.m.
Hi all,

using Jazz 1.0Beta2a I observed the following bug:

My Jazz workspace location is "D:\Workspaces\myjazzws". I have created a new Project Area, and added a simple project to Jazz SCM. After importing the project into SCM, any subsequent changes never marked the changed files as "dirty", therefore they never appeared in the pending changes view until I hit the "Repair Metadata" Button in the "Settings->Team->Jazz SCM" section. In effect, I was not able to deliver any changes until I manually repaired the SCM metadata :(

It seems that for some strange reason the SCM metadata is managed in the wrong location: a new folder "C:\Workspaces\myjazzws\.jazz3\.flags" has been created (notice the different drive letter). I guess this folder contains the SCM metadata which should actually be on the "D:" drive.

The workaround was moving my workspace to drive "C:".

As far as I remember, this was not a problem in earlier releases, so I guess it is a new bug.

Thanks and best regards,
Torben

One answer

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Feb 04 '08, 8:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, this is known and fixed in the M5 development stream.

See https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Project#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=39064.

Workaround for now is to keep install and workspace on the same drive.

Jean-Michel
Jazz Source Control Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.