It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC (Tomcat) server keeps running out of threads

Enrique Gaona (13462426) | asked Feb 24 '10, 9:38 a.m.
Hi,
I'm not sure if anyone has encountered this problem before, but my RTC server (Tomcat version) keeps running out of threads and hangs as a result. We've already increased the maxThreads from 150 to 600 then to 1000, but that doesn't seem to work.

The error message I get from the Tomcat log file is:
Feb 23, 2010 9:34:51 AM org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool logFull
SEVERE: All threads (1,000) are currently busy, waiting. Increase maxThreads (1,000) or check the servlet status

Here's the HTTP connector:
<Connector>

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? Any tuning parameters other than maxThreads perhaps? We're running on RTC 2.0.0.1, DB2 9.x.

I've spoken to an RTC L2 support and she suggested to move to the WAS version. Not sure what the WAS version will buy us. Is the WAS version better? If so, will this issue be resolved?

Thanks.

Enrique

One answer

permanent link
Enrique Gaona (13462426) | answered Feb 24 '10, 9:42 a.m.
Hi,
I'm not sure if anyone has encountered this problem before, but my RTC server (Tomcat version) keeps running out of threads and hangs as a result. We've already increased the maxThreads from 150 to 600 then to 1000, but that doesn't seem to work.

The error message I get from the Tomcat log file is:
Feb 23, 2010 9:34:51 AM org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool logFull
SEVERE: All threads (1,000) are currently busy, waiting. Increase maxThreads (1,000) or check the servlet status

Here's the HTTP connector:
<Connector>

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? Any tuning parameters other than maxThreads perhaps? We're running on RTC 2.0.0.1, DB2 9.x.

I've spoken to an RTC L2 support and she suggested to move to the WAS version. Not sure what the WAS version will buy us. Is the WAS version better? If so, will this issue be resolved?

Thanks.

Enrique

Not sure what happened to the connector info, but here it is:

port="9443"
connectionTimeout="20000"
maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
maxThreads="1000"
minSpareThreads="25"
maxSpareThreads="75"
enableLookups="false"
disableUploadTimeout="true"
acceptCount="100"
scheme="https"
secure="true"
clientAuth="false"
keystoreFile="ibm-team-ssl.keystore"
keystorePass="ibm-team"
sslProtocol="SSL_TLS"
algorithm="IbmX509"
URIEncoding="UTF-8"

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.