It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to prohibit deleting approvals from workitem?

Kevin Owen (122) | asked Apr 16 '13, 6:10 a.m.

Hi,

I am trying to prohibit users to delete approvals from workitem.

I unchecked "Modify the work item's approvals", but users still can delete approvals.

Also, I defined "Required Approvals" for all state transitions, and it seems to work on Eclipse, but still can delete from web client.

Is it possible to prohibit deleting approvals from workitem?

Do I have to develop a custom precondition to do that?

Thank you.

2 answers

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered Jun 24 '13, 6:03 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Apr 16 '13, 7:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kevin,

After playing with this to figure out how it works, the name "Modify the work item's approvals" is a bit misleading to me.  It looks like "Modify the work item's approvals" gives you permission to change the state of an approval (like from pending to approved), but it doesn't restrict you from adding or removing approvals to the work item.

I don't know how to prohibit deleting approvals from a work item.  https://jazz.net/forum/questions/102151/how-do-i-keep-developers-from-deleting-approvals?redirect=%2Fforum%2Fquestions%2F102151%2Fhow-do-i-keep-developers-from-deleting-approvals has some information you may find helpful.  I'm not sure what your goal is--you can require approvals before a work item can transition to a new state.

Comments
Kevin Owen commented Apr 16 '13, 7:57 a.m.

Hi Lauren,

Thank you so much for your reply.
Since any users can delete any approvals, I would like to prevent this.
I looked into the post you showed, I guess I need some custom preconditions to do this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.