It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RequisitePro and RQM Integration - Hostname Changes

Barry Graham (106173) | asked Feb 19 '10, 3:12 p.m.
Let's say I import some requirements into RQM from ReqPro, then my hostname changes. When I click on the requirement in RQM, it can no longer find the hostname. Is there a way of updating the hostname for past requirements imported, other than changing the records in the backend database?

Barry Graham

4 answers

permanent link
Nelson Jordan (56132) | answered Mar 03 '10, 4:01 p.m.
Let's say I import some requirements into RQM from ReqPro, then my hostname changes. When I click on the requirement in RQM, it can no longer find the hostname. Is there a way of updating the hostname for past requirements imported, other than changing the records in the backend database?

Barry Graham

Unfortunately, that's what you will need to do. Oh By the way.. Rational does not recommend this approach

permanent link
Barry Graham (106173) | answered Mar 04 '10, 10:11 a.m.

Barry Graham

Unfortunately, that's what you will need to do. Oh By the way.. Rational does not recommend this approach

What part of the approach doesn't Rational recommend?

permanent link
Sam Mathia (2121) | answered Mar 10 '10, 10:53 a.m.

Barry Graham

Barry,
With the latest version of RQM 2.0.0.1, this is a limitation where if the hostname changes, there's no way to update it dynamically. So, what you should do is call support with this and they have a technical workaround which will help you in achieving this. I ran into this issue and have gotten help from the RQM team to update my reqpro hostname.

Hope this helps

permanent link
Barry Graham (106173) | answered Mar 10 '10, 11:13 a.m.

Barry Graham

Barry,
With the latest version of RQM 2.0.0.1, this is a limitation where if the hostname changes, there's no way to update it dynamically. So, what you should do is call support with this and they have a technical workaround which will help you in achieving this. I ran into this issue and have gotten help from the RQM team to update my reqpro hostname.

Hope this helps
Sam
Are you saying that they helped you to modify the hostname stored in the requirements stored in the RQM database? If so and you could share the solution even in high level, that would be great!

Barry

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.