It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue w RTC 2.0.0.2 & LDAP ?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | asked Feb 17 '10, 8:26 a.m.
Scenario: New install of RTC 2.0.0.2 code followed by an import of RTC 1.0.1 repository. The import runs clean. I made the post-install updates
to let RTC use LDAP using steps we have used in the past. I.e. Update
conf/jazz/teamserver.properties with the ldap properties, update tomcat/conf/server.xml to use the LDAP realm and add the group mappings.

After starting RTC I can login with my LDAP credentials (I'm in JazzAdmins, JazzDWAdmins groups) and do all sorts of work. However, when viewing
active users _every single_ one show's this little warning:

This user was not found in the directory service. This user will not be able to login unless they have an account in the directory service.

Next I tried to create an ID and it shows this warning:

New users will be created with a default password equal to their User ID in your directory service.

Which I have only just noticed. So now that leads me to think I might
have additional realms, so I'll check my tomcat/conf/server.xml again.

But this is even more weird: using the repotools -exportUsers exports users from a totally different repository !!! (albeit on the same server )
This _might_ be due to the fact that there's an RQM repository listening
on the 9443 port (bound to all local IP addresses).

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | answered Feb 17 '10, 8:31 a.m.
I'm still seeing issues here:

o Users don't show any selected Repository Permissions
o The Import users button is insenstive
o The Create user lets _me_ assign Repository permissions
o Our ID tool doesn't agree with this repository:

com.ibm.team.repository.common.UnknownUserRegistryException: CRJAZ0799W The external user directory does not support the request feature. at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.userregistry.UnsupportedUser
Registry.notSupported(UnsupportedUserRegistry.java:111)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.userregistry.UnsupportedUser
Registry.fetchUser(UnsupportedUserRegistry.java:40)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.userregistry.ExternalUserReg
istryService.fetchUser2(ExternalUserRegistryService.java:219)

Item 1 is solved. The default UserDatabaseRealm was not disabled in tomcat/conf/server.xml

Scenario: New install of RTC 2.0.0.2 code followed by an import of RTC 1.0.1 repository. The import runs clean. I made the post-install updates
conf/jazz/teamserver.properties with the ldap properties, update tomcat/conf/server.xml to use the LDAP realm and add the group mappings.

After starting RTC I can login with my LDAP credentials (I'm in JazzAdmins, JazzDWAdmins groups) and do all sorts of work. However, when viewing

This user was not found in the directory service. This user will not be able to login unless they have an account in the directory service.

New users will be created with a default password equal to their User ID in your directory service.

But this is even more weird: using the repotools -exportUsers exports users from a totally different repository !!! (albeit on the same server )

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | answered Feb 18 '10, 4:50 p.m.
Often times it is the simplest omission that will sink its fangs into one's
flesh bring much pain.

I found a missing property in the teamserver.properties file:

com.ibm.team.repository.user.registry.type=LDAP

I added that (Ok I actually stepped through the Custom Setup) and all
is well.

I'm still seeing issues here:

o Users don't show any selected Repository Permissions
o The Import users button is insenstive
o The Create user lets _me_ assign Repository permissions
o Our ID tool doesn't agree with this repository:

com.ibm.team.repository.common.UnknownUserRegistryException: CRJAZ0799W The external user directory does not support the request feature. at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.userregistry.UnsupportedUser
Registry.notSupported(UnsupportedUserRegistry.java:111)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.userregistry.UnsupportedUser
Registry.fetchUser(UnsupportedUserRegistry.java:40)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.userregistry.ExternalUserReg
istryService.fetchUser2(ExternalUserRegistryService.java:219)

Item 1 is solved. The default UserDatabaseRealm was not disabled in tomcat/conf/server.xml

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.