It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Could not init workbench error when connecting to RTC Server

Enrique Gaona (13462426) | asked Feb 05 '10, 9:40 p.m.
Several of my users have reported problems connecting to the repository server using Firefox 3.5.7. Where the error messages that appear "Could not init workbench. Error fetching initialization data: Your account does not belong to the groups that are authorized to access the Web UI. Please contact your server administrator." I'm an admin and I don't get this error at all.
Anyone knows what's going in on here? I looked at their user's account and he has read and write access to the project. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Enrique

16 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Feb 08 '10, 6:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Several of my users have reported problems connecting to the repository server using Firefox 3.5.7. Where the error messages that appear "Could not init workbench. Error fetching initialization data: Your account does not belong to the groups that are authorized to access the Web UI. Please contact your server administrator." I'm an admin and I don't get this error at all.
Anyone knows what's going in on here? I looked at their user's account and he has read and write access to the project. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Enrique

This could be a problem with your authentication system (LDAP, AD, etc) - are all the users part of the JazzUsers or equivalent LDAP group?

Version of RTC? Did it work before FF 3.5.7 for the same users?

anthony

permanent link
Enrique Gaona (13462426) | answered Feb 08 '10, 5:02 p.m.

This could be a problem with your authentication system (LDAP, AD, etc) - are all the users part of the JazzUsers or equivalent LDAP group?

anthony

Yes, all the users are part of the JazzUsers. This is only happening on a couple of users, so not sure why they are experiencing this problem. Version of RTC is 2.0.0.1

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Feb 08 '10, 5:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

anthony

Yes, all the users are part of the JazzUsers. This is only happening on a couple of users, so not sure why they are experiencing this problem. Version of RTC is 2.0.0.1

Hmm - curious. This has to be something really simple. Has the user "lost" their license key settings perhaps (although I would have expected a different erorr message).

What is strange is the reference to a workbench.

OK - last resort on the web UI is to clear the browser cache. Try that and see if it helps.

And just to double-check, was this ever working for the user on FF 3.5.7?

anthony

permanent link
Enrique Gaona (13462426) | answered Feb 09 '10, 8:50 a.m.

Hmm - curious. This has to be something really simple. Has the user "lost" their license key settings perhaps (although I would have expected a different erorr message).

What is strange is the reference to a workbench.

OK - last resort on the web UI is to clear the browser cache. Try that and see if it helps.

And just to double-check, was this ever working for the user on FF 3.5.7?

anthony

It works on FF 3.5.7. I'm using that version and works just fine for me. I'll ask the user to try clearing the cache.

permanent link
Amirsam Khataei (256175) | answered Feb 09 '10, 11:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
any updates? i have the same issue on my side
we have a workaround: using client.

I have seen this issue when Jazz can't recognize the user belong to any of the jazz role

permanent link
Amirsam Khataei (256175) | answered Feb 09 '10, 2:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
try to use Eclipse Client...my assumption is, it is going to work

permanent link
Enrique Gaona (13462426) | answered Feb 09 '10, 10:39 p.m.

That's the workaround I've suggested to our users and it does work. However, we have users who are the management type, that just wants to do a count on the number of defects and such and they prefer using Web UI.

Enrique

permanent link
Mark Ingebretson (58515236) | answered Feb 10 '10, 8:38 a.m.
On 2/9/10 9:52 PM, egaona wrote:
akhataeiwrote:
That's the workaround I've suggested to our users and it does work.
However, we have users who are the management type, that just wants
to do a count on the number of defects and such and they prefer using
Web UI.

Enrique

We also have at least four separate users now reporting this problem,
all with servers using BluePages as the LDAP user registry, and for both
2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.2 RTC servers.

I think they're all on IE, but I haven't yet gathered the version
numbers. They have the right licenses, they're imported into RTC OK,
and they are in the right BlueGroup, and are in the right JazzUsers
permissions group.

permanent link
Kevin Zemanek (2454825) | answered Feb 23 '10, 5:27 p.m.
+1

I have a user reporting this as well - RTC 2.0.0.2, FF client. She has previously successfully accessed RTC, her licenses are correct, etc.

permanent link
Mark Ingebretson (58515236) | answered Feb 24 '10, 8:23 a.m.
Defect created:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=106866

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.