It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deploying Report Templates

Barry Graham (106173) | asked Feb 04 '10, 11:39 p.m.
When deploying the latest report templates, I get the error with the "View All" report template:

Report Descriptor must contain design contents

Does anyone know what that means?

Also is it really necessary to deploy the new templates to each project manually? I can't see a way to make it so that the templates are automatically to applied to every current and future project.

Finally the instructions for applying the templates say to follow steps 1-6 in https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/2.0.0.1iFix3?p=upgrading - and that excludes the step that deploys them - is that a mistake?

4 answers

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered Feb 08 '10, 6:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi -
We are looking into the error. What step are you doing when this occurs? How do you know it is from the "View All" template?

Yes you do need to deploy the new templates to each project manually. And yes, the instructions to follow steps 1-6 are correct. The Deploy step you are skipping is only used when new reports have been added, but in this case there are no new ones.

Thanks.

permanent link
Barry Graham (106173) | answered Feb 08 '10, 7:48 p.m.
Hi -
We are looking into the error. What step are you doing when this occurs? How do you know it is from the "View All" template?

Yes you do need to deploy the new templates to each project manually. And yes, the instructions to follow steps 1-6 are correct. The Deploy step you are skipping is only used when new reports have been added, but in this case there are no new ones.

Thanks.

Part of the error box shows the "View All" - and also when I try to do it again, "View All" is at the top of the list and if I deselect "View All" the error goes away.

Also you say that there are no new reports, yet RQM shows around 35 reports before deploying the new templates, and more than 100 afterwards!

permanent link
Sandra Chen (36131) | answered Feb 11 '10, 6:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Learnt that work item is created for this:

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=27974

permanent link
Mark Victory (26635) | answered Feb 14 '10, 5:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This seems to be a confluence of a few problems.

1. We should re-do the install instructions to direct the user to a page that does not include the Deploy New Templates steps (7-10) of the report design update because there are no new RQM report templates since 2.0.0.1.

2 The fact that the new template install is looking for a View All report template is an RQM bug. That report should not be seen by the template installer. That will be fixed for iFix4.

3. The set of New reports that are seen by Deploy New Templates steps of the install includes the RTC report designs which is why there are over 100 for the user now rather than the 35 before the update. Again, if the install instructions did not include steps 7-10 we would have avoided this issue.

I hope that makes sense,
Mark

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.