It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

The connection to the repository does not work

Guy Paquet (3632) | asked Feb 02 '10, 3:30 a.m.
We have installed RTC and RRC servers on a dedicated Windows 2003 server. They should be correctly setup.
We have installed RTC and RRC clients on a dedicated client environment.
The RTC client works correctly.

When we start the RRC client, during the creation of the repository, we get the following message :
CRRRC2260E : The connection to the repository does not work
Reason : Erreur interne de servlet (Servlet internal error in French)

In the .log, we have the following :
!MESSAGE Could not locate the running profile instance. The eclipse.p2.data.area and eclipse.p2.profile properties may not be set correctly in this application's config.ini file.

Any idea how we can solve such problem ?

5 answers

permanent link
Christophe Tournier (36107) | answered Feb 03 '10, 5:57 a.m.
I had the same kind of problem yesterday. But I did not launch the correct setup: I launched /localhost:9443/jazz/setup instead of localhost:9443/rdm/setup. Now, it works.
Hope this helps.

permanent link
Claire Unwin (111) | answered Feb 19 '10, 6:57 a.m.
I've installed v2.0.0.1 of RRC and both server and client appear to be working but I can't create a new project (trying the demo script for classic CDs and the associated template). I go to the jazz admin server and try and add myself as a user of the project area but the Save button is disabled. In RRC, when I click Create Project, it gives me the wizard but when I click Finish, nothing happens.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Claire

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Feb 19 '10, 4:30 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'd start by going to the jazz admin server and checking the permissions and license for your userid. Make sure you have the JazzProjectAdmin permission and an author client license.

permanent link
Paul Dessart (31) | answered Mar 08 '10, 5:08 a.m.
You may need to check this technote

http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3499&uid=swg21418761

I saw server not working as expected because of this parameter been incorrect.

./P

I've installed v2.0.0.1 of RRC and both server and client appear to be working but I can't create a new project (trying the demo script for classic CDs and the associated template). I go to the jazz admin server and try and add myself as a user of the project area but the Save button is disabled. In RRC, when I click Create Project, it gives me the wizard but when I click Finish, nothing happens.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Claire

permanent link
Nicole Buss (611) | answered Mar 17 '10, 12:36 p.m.
Thank you very much ctournier0 -- that solved my problem. I had started with /localhost:9443/rdm/setup, but after changing the LDAP settings, then shutting down the server to apply the corresponding LDAP changes to server.xml and web.xml, then restarting the server, I inadvertently and incorrectly completed the setup using /localhost:9443/jazz/setup instead of /localhost:9443/rdm/setup.

I had the same kind of problem yesterday. But I did not launch the correct setup: I launched /localhost:9443/jazz/setup instead of localhost:9443/rdm/setup. Now, it works.
Hope this helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.