It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add lablels in Dashboard

Xie Xiong (122) | asked Feb 01 '10, 2:13 a.m.
I created some dashboards with "Work item Statistics " for my team. When using these dashboards, comments from my colleagues are:
Their useful. It would be better if you could add some labels indicating the number of defects in each viewlet.

What I did is to display a query with Pie chart or Bar chart by using "Dashboard"->"Add Viewlet"->"Work Items "->"Work Item Statistics". The Pie/Bar chart displayed looks very good, and it does link to some detail information by clicking the chart. However, it is possible to add some labels with numbers of texts into the charts so that others can get more direct information when reading the charts?

One answer

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Feb 02 '10, 1:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Xie,

>> It would be better if you could add some labels indicating the number of defects in each viewlet

The total number of results (defects) from executing the work item query is listed in the viewlet title header. The number is in parenthesis to the right of the work item query name. If you are looking for the exact tally for each query results group at a glance, the "Table" presentation is better suited for this task than any of the chart types.

>> it is possible to add some labels with numbers of texts into the charts so that others can get more direct information when reading the charts?

It is possible; however, I think providing that type of functionality would overlap with the features / responsibilities of the "Work Items" and "Work Item Queries" viewlets. Using those viewlets, you can configure them with work item queries and they will show you a more detailed list view (not graphical) of the work item query results.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.