It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build results are not getting synchronized to RQM

Binoy D'costa (9532437) | asked Sep 25 '17, 11:13 a.m.

The synchronization were working few weeks ago. Now we see errors in the qm.log:

The build results were not synchronized fort RTC. com.ibm.team.repository.common.validation.PropertyConstraintException: Validation errors for ite: type = BuildDefinition, itemID = [UUID _71FAEKIBEeecTrqb_cJGew]
Value of attribute "description" is 4571 bytes, which is greater than the allowed encoded length of 1000 bytes.

It seems a build definition description attribute is causing the issue but I can't find out which build definition. We have several.

Thanks,
Binoy

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183199) | answered Sep 25 '17, 2:22 p.m.
edited Sep 25 '17, 2:23 p.m.

Go to RTC WebUI, Choose Build / Build Definition.

Pick any build definition and load it.  The URL will end with

action=com.ibm.team.build.viewDefinition&id=_THE_UUID_OF_THE_BUILD_DEF

paste _71FAEKIBEeecTrqb_cJGew where I placed _THE_UUID_OF_THE_BUILD_DEF and hit enter.

If you are comfortable with something like the RESTClient browser add-on you can use this form after your "base" URL:

/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.IVirtualRestService/virtual/build/results?definitionUUID=_THE_UUID

You will have to add an Accept: text/json header before sending.

There is likely a more direct route to the Build Definition, but I've forgotten the format of the URL.   It helps to be JazzAdmin as getting results won't be thwarted by access limitations.

Comments
Binoy D'costa commented Dec 11 '17, 3:47 p.m.

I was able to identify the build definitions using reportable api. The sync worked after correcting the length. 

Thanks,
Binoy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.