It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build failure : TeamBuildException ...

Gilles Tabary (7676) | asked Jan 28 '10, 4:55 a.m.
Hello.
When kick off a new build off a stream, I get randomly this error
com.ibm.team.build.common.TeamBuildException: The configuration of the build workspace changed (possibly by a concurrent build) during the load.

I just wait a few minutes and kick off a new build, and that works in general.

1) Is my understanding right : this means someone was delivering or even accepting news change set on the stream, while build engine was fetching code. Thus leading to an inconsistent stream state, voiding the interest of even trying to do build. Correct ?

2) How could I avoid it ?

Best Regards.

G.

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 28 '10, 9:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

again not sure on this one. But my interpretation of this error would be a bit different.

The build mechanism uses a repository workspace for building. This is loaded into some location in the file system of the server.

I could understand the message if the repository workspace configuration used by the build was changed somehow while loading. I'd suggest to use a technical user to run the builds and own the repository workspace. Thus nobody could change the repository workspace.

Another thing I have seen is if files loaded in the file system are changed then there is a pending outgoing change which conflicts with loading and the build fails. I had case where I produced that by editing where I shouldn't.

Ralph

Hello.
When kick off a new build off a stream, I get randomly this error
com.ibm.team.build.common.TeamBuildException: The configuration of the build workspace changed (possibly by a concurrent build) during the load.

I just wait a few minutes and kick off a new build, and that works in general.

1) Is my understanding right : this means someone was delivering or even accepting news change set on the stream, while build engine was fetching code. Thus leading to an inconsistent stream state, voiding the interest of even trying to do build. Correct ?

2) How could I avoid it ?

Best Regards.

G.

permanent link
Gilles Tabary (7676) | answered Jan 28 '10, 11:31 a.m.
Hello again.
I'd suggest to use a technical user to run the builds

Done.
and own the repository workspace. Thus nobody could change the repository workspace.

That may be the culprit. I am not sure there is a privately "tech user owned" repository workspace for this build. It seams to build straight from a stream.
Another thing I have seen is if files loaded in the file system are changed then there is a pending outgoing change which conflicts with loading and the build fails. I had case where I produced that by editing where I shouldn't.

Make sens. I think I am safe on that side because builds happens on a no-access machine.

Tx.
G.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 28 '10, 12:40 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

the repository workspace to be used has to be defined in the Build Definition (Jazz SCM tab) that is used to run the builds. You should check there which repository workspace is used and create one for the build user (which must be a user in the project and have sufficient rights to view changes on the stream building from).

with respect to changing files: if a build manipulated files checked in you can get in trouble and that can be done just by the build script on the server it runs on....

Ralph

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.