It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Text field become hidden after changing its presentation to read-only in RTC

Sajjad Ali Khan (314152) | asked Aug 13 '15, 5:21 a.m.
 Hi,

I have changed the presentation of the text field to read-only but after changing only label is visible but the text field become hidden, could anyone please tell me why is that happen ? i need to display the text field in the read-only format.

Regards,
SAJJAD

3 answers

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Aug 13 '15, 11:15 a.m.
Did you enter anything into the text field prior to making it read-only?  In other words, does this attribute have a value?  If there is no value, it will appear as though the text field "disappeared".

permanent link
Sajjad Ali Khan (314152) | answered Aug 13 '15, 12:04 p.m.
 Hi Brian Fleming,

No i didn't enter anything into the text field. 

do you mean to say that if there is no data in the text field than it will disappear only the label remain visible right ???

if yes like blank text field will become disappear in read-only format then how can make it remain visible in the read-only format, is there any way to deal with it ?

because i really want that text to remain visible in read-only format  

Comments
Brian Fleming commented Aug 13 '15, 12:12 p.m.

If there is data in the field, it will appear.  If there is no data, you will not see anything.  What were you expecting to appear if there was no data?
Perhaps you actually need a dynamic read only attribute.  Otherwise, how do you plan on having users populate this field?
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_configuring_dynamic_read-only.html&scope=null

permanent link
Sajjad Ali Khan (314152) | answered Aug 13 '15, 12:19 p.m.
 Brian Fleming i was expecting just readonly text field a blurred look which usually readonly has but is there any other way i can display it in readonly look,

What do you mean by dynamic read only attribute ? how can i achieve it ? please elaborate brother

I'm now reading your provided article

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.