It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC server installation error: Error during install

Vaiko Karusion (61) | asked Jan 22 '10, 10:03 a.m.
Hello!

I have to install RTC-Enterprise-Full-2.0.0.2-Linux64-Local.zip under
linux SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2 (x86_64).

When I tried to install RTC Server under command line with command:
./install -input install-server.xml --launcher.ini silent-install.ini

I get this exception:

Error during "install" phase:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/post-install/backup-config-files.xml (No such file or directory)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/post-install/backup-config-files.xml (No such file or directory)
Error getting file for installation: zip jts.ant.install 0.6.0.I20081024-1517
Failed to locate previously fetched file at /opt/IBM/SDP70Shared/native/jts.ant.install_0.6.0.I20081024-1517.zip.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/expand-repository.xml (No such file or directory)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/expand-repository.xml (No such file or directory)

What could be the problem?

3 answers

permanent link
Chris Daly (61651) | answered Jan 27 '10, 8:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Do you already have an instance of the server installed? If so, do you know what version it is? From the error messages it looks like IM may be trying to update an existing install instead of doing a new install.

You could alter the response file (install-server.xml) to specify a new IM profile so that you get a new install rather than IM trying to do an update. There is info in the IM documentation on recording response files (briefly, launch IM like this "./IBMIM -record install-foo.xml" and then do your installation manually and then when you exit IM it will write out the install-foo.xml response file to use for silent install).

I generated a response file that you may be able to use (perhaps with a few changes for your system differences). The main difference between this and install-server.xml is the addition of a <profile> element which specifies an IM profile. This is referenced from the <offering> element.

I'm not having any success including the response file XML in this post, so I've created a workitem and attached it there:

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/104485

permanent link
Vaiko Karusion (61) | answered Jan 28 '10, 8:01 a.m.
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, there was an instance of the Rational Team Concert 1.0.1.1 Express Server installed.

Your generated response file worked well and I was able to install RTC Server.
It helped me a lot.

Thank you very much.

permanent link
Reshma s (611) | answered Feb 01 '11, 3:46 a.m.
I am trying to do silent installation on AIX,I am getting this following this error-
bash-3.00# ./install -input install-server.xml --launcher.ini silent-install.ini
00:02.13 ERROR com.ibm.cic.common.core.utils.NativeUtils <clinit>
Unexpected exception
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/RTC/rtc/aix/plugins/com.ibm.cic.common.core.aix_1.0.2.v200901201635/os/aix/ppc/libnativeUtils.so (Could not load module /opt/RTC/rtc/aix/plugins/com.ibm.cic.common.core.aix_1.0.2.v200901201635/os/aix/ppc/libnativeUtils.so.
The module has an invalid magic number.)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithPath(ClassLoader.java:979)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithClassLoader(ClassLoader.java:944)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:453)
at com.ibm.cic.common.core.utils.NativeUtils.<clinit>(NativeUtils.java:239)
com/ibm/cic/common/core/utils/NativeUtils.isAdministrator()Z
00:02.17 ERROR com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.application.HeadlessApplication runAgent
Unexpected exception
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com/ibm/cic/common/core/utils/NativeUtils.isAdministrator()Z
at com.ibm.cic.common.core.preferences.CicCommonSettings.isNativeAdministrator(CicCommonSettings.java:235)
at com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Agent.getAccessRightsStatus(Agent.java:4247)
at com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.application.HeadlessApplication.runAgent(HeadlessApplication.java:212)
at com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.application.HeadlessApplication.run(HeadlessApplication.java:120)
00:02.19 ERROR com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.application.HeadlessApplication run
com/ibm/cic/common/core/utils/NativeUtils.isAdministrator()Z

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.