It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ANT createBuildDefinition fails if language definitions are in another project area

Kenny Smith (302513) | asked Mar 07 '17, 7:19 p.m.

I'm working in a large deployment of RTC 6.0.3. As such, we are prototyping Enterprise Extension system definitions and build definitions in a separate environment than our prod environment. I want to export these configurations via the new ANT Tasks (exportBuildDefinition). When I do this, I get a valid xml file with a createBuildDefinition element. However, when I run the createBuildDefinition to load it to another environment, I get an error: "Language Definition Not Found xxxx COPY" 

I am able to successfully create multiple build engines, and can import/export system definitions. I just can't get past this issue unless I remove the teamz.build.ant.buildOrder property. 

Note, that the system definitions are in another project area, and I am using the processAreaName and processAreaNameDefinitions elements on the createBuildDefinition  element. Example:
<createBuildDefinition processAreaName="Project A" processAreaNameDefinitions="Project B" .... >

Is anyone able to get around this? I'm also noticing other quirks with these new ANT tasks as well. 

3 answers

permanent link
Daniel Reilly (1431520) | answered Mar 08 '17, 12:06 p.m.

That's because the teamz.build.ant.buildOrder property resolves Language names into Language definitions, and if the language can not be found, the process is terminated.  From what you have described, the task is looking for an "xxxx COPY" language in "Project B" to add to the build definition.  Does that exist?

permanent link
Matthew Hardin (50814) | answered May 15 '19, 1:24 p.m.

Running into this same problem today.  Anyone have an answer?

permanent link
Daniel Reilly (1431520) | answered May 15 '19, 2:38 p.m.

The language definitions must be defined prior to running createBuildDefinition.

If the language definitions are defined, and just in another process area than where you are defining the build, add the processAreaNameDefinitions="process_area" attribute to createBuildDefinition to define where the EE system definitions reside.

See: createBuildDefinition help for more information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.