It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need to edit the resolution date field for Work Items

Sheetal Desai (91188) | asked Jan 20 '10, 7:21 a.m.
I am trying to import records from a CSV file but the "Resolution Date" field is not getting updated per the csv file, instead all records show today's date as the value for the Resolution Date field.
How can I solve this problem?

One answer

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered Apr 22 '10, 3:54 p.m.
I am trying to import records from a CSV file but the "Resolution Date" field is not getting updated per the csv file, instead all records show today's date as the value for the Resolution Date field.
How can I solve this problem?

This has been changed in RTC 3.0 M5 (which is available in beta). See this work ticket:
http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=106906

If you would like this fixed in a fix pack for RTC 2, I would suggest leaving a comment on that work item.

However, if you want to get tricky in RTC 2... I can think of two options.

The easiest option would be to configure your work item(s) to have a new field "Imported Resolution date." This would allow you to at least preserve when this work item was originally resolved.

The second option is to use the SDK to manually override the date. I believe this is possible but I have not tried.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.