It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automatic defect originator verification

Matthew Sunley (61) | asked Jan 04 '10, 10:00 a.m.
Hi,

Is there any way of configuring RTC (or by using a custom plugin) to support the automatic creation of a verification record against a defect originator when the defect is marked as fixed? It would also be great if any originators of other defects marked as duplicates of the fixed defect got a verification record also..

At the moment, the originator is notified by email, but these are easily missed and the verification itself not tracked.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Matt Sunley

3 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jan 04 '10, 10:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Is there any way of configuring RTC (or by using a custom plugin) to support the automatic creation of a verification record against a defect originator when the defect is marked as fixed? It would also be great if any originators of other defects marked as duplicates of the fixed defect got a verification record also..

At the moment, the originator is notified by email, but these are easily missed and the verification itself not tracked.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Matt Sunley

Hi Matt

Have you looked at the Approvals entry on a record? That might end up doing what you need. I am pretty sure this does not extend to duplicate entries, this should be possible if you wrote a custom plugin to do all this.

anthony

permanent link
Matthew Sunley (61) | answered Jan 05 '10, 8:38 a.m.
Hi Anthony,

Yes.. I think the verification would be a type of approval against the defect work item. This can be created manually by the defect owner against the originator when the defect is marked as fixed. However, it would be nice if this could be automatic to ensure the verification is not forgotten.

So maybe I will need a custom plugin after all..?

Cheers,

Matt

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jan 05 '10, 9:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Anthony,

Yes.. I think the verification would be a type of approval against the defect work item. This can be created manually by the defect owner against the originator when the defect is marked as fixed. However, it would be nice if this could be automatic to ensure the verification is not forgotten.

So maybe I will need a custom plugin after all..?

Cheers,

Matt

It sounds like you'll need a custom plugin or put in your support for enhancement. The approvals can be used for verification but isn't tracked the same as a work item. The verifier can run work item queries to see any pending approvals but there wouldn't be any ability to put in time estimates.

There is already enhancement 99950 about creating a work item from an approval. You can put any other thoughts you might have in there.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=99950

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.