It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Stuck on Loading...

Shai Shapira (4674) | asked Dec 29 '09, 5:14 a.m.
Hi,

Trying to login to web or using VS2008, after I approve the certificate, gets stuck on Loading...

(my IE version is 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2)

My server version (and VS client version) is 2.0.0.1.

Thanks,

5 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jan 02 '10, 6:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Trying to login to web or using VS2008, after I approve the certificate, gets stuck on Loading...

Thanks,

Hi

I can see the problem with the web - IE 6 does not work with RTC, try 7 or 8.

Not sure why you get the same problem with VS2008, unless it is trying to invoke the webUI too, and using IE6 as the default browser.

Try and update IE, and see if that helps. If not, come back and let us know and we can try something else

regards
anthony

permanent link
Shai Shapira (4674) | answered Jan 02 '10, 9:29 a.m.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I figured as much, and its true, the issues with problems in VS2008, but how come my WinXP prof with IE6 works (at least did work with
rtc 2.0) and this one is causing problems.

Also, my customer is a defense customer who has IE6 as the company wide solution (for now).
Is there a solution?

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks,

Hi

I can see the problem with the web - IE 6 does not work with RTC, try 7 or 8.

Not sure why you get the same problem with VS2008, unless it is trying to invoke the webUI too, and using IE6 as the default browser.

Try and update IE, and see if that helps. If not, come back and let us know and we can try something else

regards
anthony

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jan 03 '10, 4:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I figured as much, and its true, the issues with problems in VS2008, but how come my WinXP prof with IE6 works (at least did work with

Also, my customer is a defense customer who has IE6 as the company wide solution (for now).
Is there a solution?

Thanks,

So IE6 can definitely appear to work for a while if you are really lucky, but you will get errors at some point. You can't do anything to "fix" IE6 unfortunately - but happy if someone else has a suggestion for this. Perhaps the users of RTC can install another browser (if they install FF or Chrome, or something else, this will allow them to keep their IE6 for other work).

anthony

permanent link
Shai Shapira (4674) | answered Jan 04 '10, 2:20 a.m.
How can I control which browser is used to launch my rtc web inside my VS env?
Can I configure it?
Maybe theres a way to include a small signature browser with the VS rtc client, thus eliminate the dependency in the browser.

I have actually got to a point my customer believes the VS integration of RTC is fairly ok, but due to this IE issue, we still come up short.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there a solution?

Thanks,

So IE6 can definitely appear to work for a while if you are really lucky, but you will get errors at some point. You can't do anything to "fix" IE6 unfortunately - but happy if someone else has a suggestion for this. Perhaps the users of RTC can install another browser (if they install FF or Chrome, or something else, this will allow them to keep their IE6 for other work).

anthony

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jan 04 '10, 10:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
How can I control which browser is used to launch my rtc web inside my VS env?
Can I configure it?
Maybe theres a way to include a small signature browser with the VS rtc client, thus eliminate the dependency in the browser.

I have actually got to a point my customer believes the VS integration of RTC is fairly ok, but due to this IE issue, we still come up short.

Hi

Did a quick google - and this appears to be easy, for example:

http://www.silverlightforums.com/showthread.php?t=73

The "small default browser" idea sounds useful - would you add this as an enhancement request on the RTC project (go to the relevant project here on jazz.net).

Let us know if this works for you (the browser default).

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.