It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

changing outgoing sync frequency to CQ

Gary Dang (59328855) | asked Jan 23 '08, 9:07 a.m.
How do I change the outgoing sync frequency to CQ. I think the polling period in cqconnector.properties is for incoming sync frequency. I checked the page here but notseeing polling for outbound

https://adtarch:9443/jazz/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.configurationProperties

3 answers

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jan 23 '08, 11:30 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
How do I change the outgoing sync frequency to CQ. I think the polling period in cqconnector.properties is for incoming sync frequency. I checked the page here but notseeing polling for outbound

https://adtarch:9443/jazz/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.configurationProperties

In beta 2, the admin web UI is not exposing configuration properties for periodic background tasks (it will in the next milestone build). In the meantime, you can add something like this to the teamserver.properties file for your Jazz server:

-Dcom.ibm.team.interop.OutgoingSyncTask.fixedDelay=60

The value is in seconds. (The default is 300, and 60 is the minimum.) You'll have to restart the server after making the change.

John
ClearQuest Connector Team

permanent link
Gary Dang (59328855) | answered Jan 23 '08, 2:19 p.m.
I think you mean adding "com.ibm.team.interop.OutgoingSyncTask.fixedDelay=60" without "-D".

Also, is there a reason why the minimum is 60 seconds? inbound can be as low as 1 second.

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jan 23 '08, 2:42 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think you mean adding "com.ibm.team.interop.OutgoingSyncTask.fixedDelay=60" without "-D".

Also, is there a reason why the minimum is 60 seconds? inbound can be as low as 1 second.

Sorry, right - no -D.

This task is running in the Jazz server, which is serving many purposes. I don't think you'd want the Jazz server to be using all it's CPU cycles just to send data to CQ. Whereas, the only purpose for the CQ gateway is to send data to Jazz, so it has nothing else to do.

John
ClearQuest Connector Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.