Jazz Forum Welcome to the Jazz Community Forum Connect and collaborate with IBM Engineering experts and users

Try it yourself: Requirements AI assistant for DOORS Next - Permission Denied

When I go to run the Dockerfile I get the following:


Cannot set Project or Space
Reason: {"id":"WSCPA0000E","code":403,"error":"Forbidden","reason":"Permission Denied: Authenticated user is not a member of the project: ServiceId-2xxx (iam-ServiceId-2xxx).","message":"The target operation is strictly forbidden due to schema constraints."}
...
ibm_watsonx_ai.wml_client_error.CannotSetProjectOrSpace: Cannot set Project or Space
Reason: {"id":"WSCPA0000E","code":403,"error":"Forbidden","reason":"Permission Denied: Authenticated user is not a member of the project: ServiceId-xxx  (iam-ServiceId-2xxx).","message":"The target operation is strictly forbidden due to schema constraints."}

This doesn't make sense to me as I've checked all of my access and I'm the one who set the projects up.

I just got an email that my IBM Cloud trial is going to expire so would love some help on this.

0 votes



12 answers

Permanent link
Hello, I proceeded according to the instructions and get the following error message after "docker run -it -p 8443:8443 dng-ri:latest."

Cannot set Project or Space
Reason: {"id":"WSCPA0000E","code":401,"error":"Unauthorized","reason":"Failed to retrieve IAM ID user info for IBMid-xxxxxxxxxx: Failed to verify user profile existance: xxxxxxx@gmx.de: [Request #14609] Encountered an unacceptable status code: 404. Expected status codes: 200.","message":"Access denied"}

I have hidden my personal values with xxxxx in the error message above.
The .env file should be correct, especially as my IBMid and e-mail were recognised in the error message.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to continue here or where the error is.

1 vote


Permanent link

Hi Kevin, 

I got the Requirements Intelligence application (Serving Flask app) running.

In my case, the problem was the URL in the .env file.
Since I created the watsonx.ai instance at the location Frankfurt (eu-de), the URL in the .env file must be "https://eu-de.ml.cloud.ibm.com" .


I have not yet carried out steps 8&9 (integrate Doors Next widget). I will do that soon. 

1 vote


Permanent link

The most common reason for this is that one of the values in the .env file is incorrect. Check also that you haven't put comments or changed the formatting of the .env file.


0 votes


Permanent link

I'm wondering if any of the IBMers involved in making that article could go through it again, and instead of saying things like "step 1" and such, really go through and show screenshots of each GUID and where they go in the ENV file.


If anyone outside of the authors has gotten this to run, please post here confirming. While I may have a bad value in my env file, there's just no way to know how to fix it. The authors should just use their GUIDs and show maybe the first 5 characters or something to give us an idea.

Was really excited to try this out and still am, but I only have so much spare time to devote to troubleshooting, and the documentation unfortunately is just not good.

0 votes


Permanent link

Hi - 

I am going through steps again to test this. 

- Devang

0 votes


Permanent link

Hi, I have installed everything on a single machine (localhost DOORS Next & localhost Docker Requirements Intelligence Application). Could that be why it is not working?


I proceeded according to the instructions and get the following error message after "docker run -it -p 8443:8443 dng-ri:latest."

Cannot set Project or Space
Reason: {"id":"WSCPA0000E","code":401,"error":"Unauthorized","reason":"Failed to retrieve IAM ID user info for IBMid-xxxxxxxxxx: Failed to verify user profile existance: xxxxxxx@gmx.de: [Request #14609] Encountered an unacceptable status code: 404. Expected status codes: 200.","message":"Access denied"}

I have hidden my personal values with xxxxx in the error message above.
The .env file should be correct, especially as my IBMid and e-mail were recognised in the error message.

0 votes


Permanent link

Hi Martin -- having everything on a single machine should in theory make this easier to run.


Really wanting the IBMers to chime in here. This is such a let down.

0 votes


Permanent link

So cool that you got it to work, Martin!


My issue is definitely not yours. My error is either saying the project doesn't exist or if it did, I didn't have sufficient privileges. 

It's good to know that it did work for someone outside IBM.

0 votes


Permanent link

You can find the correct project ID here:

0 votes


Permanent link

Project Access Control

0 votes

1–15 items
page 1of 1 pagesof 2 pages

Your answer

Register or log in to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.

Search context
Follow this question

By Email: 

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here.

By RSS:

Answers
Answers and Comments
Question details
× 7,624
× 1,454
× 3

Question asked: Mar 03 '25, 7:42 p.m.

Question was seen: 6,520 times

Last updated: May 01 '25, 5:42 a.m.

Confirmation Cancel Confirm