It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I add another Execution type in testscript creation view (RQM web UI server sdk extension )

MJ Ranji (226) | asked 23 hours ago
edited 5 hours ago

I want to add an extera type to testscript execution adapter similar to command line or JUnit selenium using server SDK.
currently I tried to add new execution scripttype and Editor section , section binding  also created resource key  RQM-KEY-TCX-APTR-TYPE-NAME  and save it into plugin.properties file.

later on I package it into jar file and put it in update site, reset the server and then start the server, Nothing happened and it looks as before!!!??? :(

Do you know any documentation, which help me to reach my goal? thank you in advance

In summary I would like to have another type like "Command Line" into type  which handle my adapter as in the image below.

here is my plugin.xml content

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
       <section
             id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testScript.newAdapterx"
             jsClass="com.ibm.rqm.adapter.commandline.web.ui.internal.view.extension.newAdapterxScriptEditorSection"
             name="RQM-KEY-TCX-SCRIPT-DETAILS"
             required="true">
          <customAttribute
                id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.common.executionScriptType"
                value="com.ibm.rqm.adapter.newAdapterx">
          </customAttribute>
       </section>        
    </extension>   

<extension point="com.ibm.rqm.planning.common.sectionEditorBinding">
             id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testScript.newAdapterx">
          <editor
                id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.testScript"
                order="20">
          </editor>
       </section>       
    </extension>

<extension
      point="com.ibm.rqm.planning.common.executionScriptType">
           <type
            adapterName="Sample: newAdapterX Adapter"
            description="RQM-KEY-TCX-APTR-TYPE-DESC"
            id="com.ibm.rqm.adapter.newAdapterx"
            name="RQM-KEY-TCX-APTR-TYPE-NAME"
            showExeVarSection="true">
            <capability name="EXECUTE"/>
            <capability name="IMPORT"/>
        </type>
    </extension>
    <extension
          point="net.jazz.ajax.cssBindingSets">        
       </cssBindingSet>
    </extension>
</plugin>

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered 9 hours ago
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I can tell, ETM does not provide an SDK. Only EWM does. ETM shares a lot of the foundation code that makes up part of the EWM SDK, but nevertheless, there is no published SDK that you would need to extend ETM. Even if it did, you are not supposed to modify the product code. An extension would use an extension point to add capabilities. What you are trying to do is certainly not supported.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMTestAutomationAdapterAPI describes an API to create custom test automation.

MJ Ranji selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
MJ Ranji (226) | answered 6 hours ago
edited 5 hours ago

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the reply,

To be sure that we are on the same page:
I just uploaded the image, to show which part I wanted to extend. as I did RTC70.x server extensibility workshop( create plugin in ccm) I thought it can be done similarly in ETM.
As in the image, I wanted to add new Adapter type similar to command line, but with some fields and html element embedded in template.

but as you mentioned, in ETM it is not supported to add plugin using available server side EWM SDK.

Yes, definitely not intended to change the product code, thanks for pointing me to that i was deeply busy with plugin stuffs that I missed this consideration. As a matter of fact, it was Just a raw/blind attempt to simply! add some extension to the plugin, to check How I can integrate my own plugin as new update-site on the server.
regards,

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented 5 hours ago
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

My experience with ETM is only limited, but as far as I can tell, there is no SDK for ETM that you can download. The EWM SDK contains code that is shared across multiple applications. This code is called Jazz Foundation Code. So you can technically create extensions for ETM like you can for EWM. But all the ETM specific code is missing in the EWM SDK. So from my perspective, you can practically not write extensions for ETM, besides based on Jazz Foundation.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMTestAutomationAdapterAPI describes an API to create custom test automation. Maybe that also defines a new script type?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.