It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Expected Results using Test Case Design

Fabiano Pereira (1165) | asked Dec 17 '09, 11:12 a.m.
Hi all,

even though Test Case design is a valuable tool to help the automatic creation of test scripts, I'd like know if there is a way to add not only the steps descriptions, but the expected results as well.

I understand that for reusable steps the expected results are not important, because they are steps that probably are repeated all the time, but to present a test script for a customer, for example, it would be good to have the test results too.

Thanks,
Fabiano

3 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Dec 23 '09, 2:21 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Fabiano,
What you are looking for is possible. Please check out this documentation: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_create_testscript_auto.html
In particular, pay attention to the "Note" that discusses reporting steps.
Hope that helps.
Regards,
John

Hi all,

even though Test Case design is a valuable tool to help the automatic creation of test scripts, I'd like know if there is a way to add not only the steps descriptions, but the expected results as well.

I understand that for reusable steps the expected results are not important, because they are steps that probably are repeated all the time, but to present a test script for a customer, for example, it would be good to have the test results too.

Thanks,
Fabiano

permanent link
Christophe Tournier (361107) | answered Mar 10 '10, 7:22 a.m.
Hi Fabiano,
What you are looking for is possible. Please check out this documentation: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_create_testscript_auto.html
Hope that helps.
Regards,
John

If the answer above provided information about the way to create a reporting step. It does not explain how to fill the current expected result column of the reporting step from a test Case design manual script generation. Is it possible?

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Mar 10 '10, 4:55 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Christophe,
Currently we only generate the steps, not the Expected Results. We could easily follow a similar paradigm to generate the result data as well, but I do not think that is in our plans.
If this is functionality that interests you then I suggest submitting an enhancement request against RQM on jazz.net.
Regards,
John Nason

Hi Fabiano,
Hope that helps.
Regards,
John

If the answer above provided information about the way to create a reporting step. It does not explain how to fill the current expected result column of the reporting step from a test Case design manual script generation. Is it possible?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.