It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Snapshots

Karen Steele (1.2k2139148) | asked Apr 13 '09, 12:39 p.m.
Are we fixing the snapshots problem .... here's what happens.

I create a new snapshot and call it "ddmmyy snapshot of plan xyz" ... not a problem.

However, if I got to the view in Requirements and ask for a list of all test plans or test cases associated with a specific requirement, my recently snap shotted plan is now displayed twice in the list ... and more importantly is show with the same ID and name (not the snap shot name).

In my opinion, the snapshots should not be included in any views or queries unless I specifically ask for them as they inflat the counts ... and it should be using the snapshot name, not the original plan name.

3 answers

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered Apr 13 '09, 1:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, I will submit this as a defect but I want to check a couple of things:
= what version of RQM are you running?
= when you say you go to the View in Requirements, what exactly do you mean? Are you perhaps going to All Reports and running the Requirements Traceability Report?

Some cases of snapshots showing up were corrected in RQM 1.0.1 but it looks like this one may have been missed. Thanks.

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2139148) | answered Apr 13 '09, 1:53 p.m.
Hi, I will submit this as a defect but I want to check a couple of things:
= what version of RQM are you running?
= when you say you go to the View in Requirements, what exactly do you mean? Are you perhaps going to All Reports and running the Requirements Traceability Report?

Some cases of snapshots showing up were corrected in RQM 1.0.1 but it looks like this one may have been missed. Thanks.

Running version 1.0.1 ... and from the button on the all requirements navigator option, selected a specific requirement and then clicked the button "show all associated test plans" and/or the other botton for test cases ...my snappshotted plan shows up twice

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered Apr 13 '09, 2:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, it appears to happen there as well, so I will submit that defect too. Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.