It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

export artifacts with linked attributes

Jacky Ng (1512) | asked Jul 08, 4:44 a.m.

I am testing the export artifacts to CSV / XLS function in DNG and it works fine when there is no attribute with links in the columns, but it exports no output when attributes with links such as 'Satisfies' or 'Satisfied by' are included. 

From the online documentation, I've read the following that it requires to set the parameter  EnableCoreBaseArtifactLinksWhenExporting as TRUE to enable this function, but I was just not able to find this parameter following the instructions (i.e. cannot find Application under Manage this Project Area), can anyone please advise on this issue?

Quote from online documentation:

Exporting base artifacts links

You can export base artifacts links to a CSV file or a spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel (XLS) and Office Open XML (XLSX) format. You can create links between base artifacts and artifacts that are included in a module. You can then create a module view to export these base artifacts to a CSV file or XLS file.

You must enable an advanced property to complete this action. To enable the property, click the Administration icon, and then click Manage This Project Area. Click Application.

In the Configuration section, set the value of the EnableCoreBaseArtifactLinksWhenExporting property to true. After you enable the advanced property, you can export the base artifacts to a CSV file.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 08, 11:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Links are not implemented as attributes that can have a value. Links are a collection of items. 

I don't know enough about DNG export and import. What I do know is, that there is no easy way to create links between items, if you import.

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Jul 08, 8:01 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Not answering your specific question, rather asking another: have you considered exporting from Report Builder, where it's easier to export data from both sides of links?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.