It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any way to tell who has Viewed artifacts in a DOORS Next 7.0.2 Project

Carol Watson (735119) | asked May 30, 3:17 p.m.

Hi.

Is there any way to tell which users have viewed specific Projects in DOORS Next?  The floatinglicenselog tells me who has checked out a license, but I don't know what they've viewed once in the app.

I'm reviewing those Projects that haven't been updated in a while.  It's possible they may still be used for reference purposes; if I could gather numbers on the "visits" that would be helpful.

We're running version 7.0.2, iFix028.

Thank you,
Carol

2 answers

permanent link
Bhagath P B (4438) | answered May 30, 3:19 p.m.

Hi Carol,

I dont think ELM has such feature currently.

Comments
Carol Watson commented May 30, 4:13 p.m.

Thanks Bhagath, I had a feeling it didn't exist!

Carol

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered May 30, 4:27 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I believe you can configure Liberty (or your reverse proxy) to log the URLs and username associated with each http client requests. You can filter the log for a particular project area hash, or (in another tool/program) join with a table of project area names and hashes to get something more human-readable.

Comments
Daniel Moul commented May 30, 4:29 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

and FYI... I expect we will see new APIs that make this more straight forward in this year's DOORS Next release. Look for details in future milestones.

Carol Watson commented May 30, 4:29 p.m.

Thanks Daniel, I'll look into that; it sounds promising.

Carol

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.