It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linking existing requirement to test case not working

Madhav Mathkar (112) | asked Apr 22 '21, 1:25 p.m.
edited Apr 22 '21, 1:27 p.m.

I am using Mso2RQM_Common Version 6.0.6.1.36127 and using following line to link my test case to requirement , where column C in excel sheet contains ID from RM tool. When i authenticate and start export the utility still pops up with the UI to Requirement Links manually. I am able to search and select the artifact using the same ID as listed in Column C. My question is why the Exporter is unable to link automatically and asks me to link the requirements manually.

No Error is logged.

I have checked the Link to existing RM requirement checkbox and Use RQM provided Configuration UI is unchecked.

testcase.requirement=LinkByExistingID(C)

4 answers

permanent link
Monika Rajput (25612) | answered Apr 29 '21, 2:56 a.m.

Hi Madhav,

The checkbox Link to existing RM requirement is to let excel export tool open the RM requirement linking box. It does not consider the cfg file syntax. 
If you need to use testcase.requirement=LinkByLinkByExistingID(C), then you do not have to check Link to existing RM requirement checkbox. The cfg file syntax should do the job.

Thanks,
Monika Rajput

permanent link
Madhav Mathkar (112) | answered Apr 29 '21, 8:53 a.m.

When I unchecked the Link to existing RM requirements box, i did not get the manual Requirement linking dialog box but  the exporter did not link test case to the requirement. No error was logged while exporting.

permanent link
Madhav Mathkar (112) | answered Aug 04 '21, 9:40 a.m.

@mehul_v_patel@in.ibm.com : Even without the checkbox 'Link to existing RM requirement' it did not link as expected. What else could i be doing incorrect here? No error was logged what else would to need to identify the issue?  

More information regarding issue faced in this thread instead of Enhancement 126460.

permanent link
Madhav Mathkar (112) | answered Aug 10 '21, 1:15 p.m.

@mehul_v_patel@in.ibm.com : When i perform the import into RQM. I see the following error on QM server. 

2021-08-10 12:54:08,847 [WebContainer : 2 @@ 12:54 mmathkar /qm/secure/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/I-ETMS+Software+Integration+Test+%2528CM-TEST%2529//testplan/urn:com.ibm.rqm:testplan:238]  WARN com.ibm.rqm.integration.service                     - AbstractGetHandler:getLinksFromLinkIndex AQXIN2517W Links cannot be returned because the request does not contain a global configuration context. <o:p> </o:p>

Moreover, when i select Requirement Links on my test case (after import is complete) and try to manually link the same ID to test case i am allowed to do so. I think it is allowed since i am in the context of global configuration when performing operation manually. Any thoughts?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.