It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Read and select the workitem types to be created from template

Deepa M S (71) | asked Mar 07, 10:14 a.m.

When we create workitem from workitem templates, all the workitem in the template are created. But we would like to select the workitems which are to be created from template.

For  Ex:  Template for PCR contains one PCR workitem and 5 child tasks. When i create a template, i should be able to select which of the tasks I would like to create. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Mar 07, 10:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 13, 4:15 a.m.

This question does not make sense to me. 

If you create a work item from a template, all the work items defined in the template are created. This is what the template is about.  

I do not understand this statement:

For  Ex:  Template for PCR contains one PCR workitem and 5 child tasks. When i create a template, i should be able to select which of the tasks I would like to create. 

If you meant to say "if I create work items from the template, I should be able to select...". Then the answer is, that is not how the templates work. If you want only one child by default, then define the template so that only one child is created.
 The users can add more child work items manually.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Deepa M S commented Mar 11, 1:18 a.m. | edited Mar 12, 7:47 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for response. Issue is, every time when the workitems are created from templates, user does not want all the child to be created. Say suppose, if it has 10 child, sometimes he needs only 3 sometimes 5.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 12, 7:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As already stated, that is not how templates work. If you define 10 child work items, you get 10 child work items. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.