It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why View are getting created along with DNG Module creation

Rajat Krishnan (72122) | asked Mar 05, 3:36 a.m.
Hello,
I am trying to create a new SRS module in DNG, but the problem is that whenever i create a new module, by default some views are also getting created
Can you please help me that why such behaviour is happening and what are steps to be configured in project area so that this shall not repeat

Thank you

One answer

permanent link
Diana Kraaijeveld (57727) | answered Mar 05, 4:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When a view is created as a shared view, for all modules, it will show up for all modules that are created in that project area (or configuration).

If the view is created with the options that show in the screenshot below, that view will be available for all modules and will automatically show up when a new module is created:
-----------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------
Once a view is saved, it is not possible to change the 'Type' or 'Where to show this view'.
But it is possible to change the optionĀ  'Who can see this view'.
-Of course you can delete the view and recreate itĀ  with different options, if applicable.

Comments
Rajat Krishnan commented Mar 15, 5:09 a.m. | edited Mar 15, 5:09 a.m.
Sorry for unmarking this answer as approved, but i have noticed one strange behaviour that whenever i am creating a new module, duplicate views are getting created means
lets say 1 module has one view(ABC) then when i create another module same view i.e. ABC is getting created 2 times
Any idea why such behaviour is happening?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.