It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add custom non-attribute-based presentation to work item editor presentations as a mandatory

Prasad B (111) | asked Jun 21 '21, 7:33 a.m.

hi ,

i'm looking for a way to make a 'non attribute presentation field' as a mandatory field in a work item. 

my use case is i want to have 'Story' as a Mandatory link for a 'task' work item. i'm using the non attribute based presentation. Any scripts if you have also, please let me know...

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 21 '21, 7:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Prasad,

non attribute based presentations are special presentations, that show a complex not directly attribute based information. As there is no attribute involved, there is no way to configure it as mandatory. This is easy enough to see, when trying to select them in the required attribute precondition. 

I am unsure why one could think that a link qualifies as a not attribute based presentation. Links are not attributes and handled totally independent. 

To make (the existence of a link of ) a link type mandatory, would require to create and deploy a custom work item save advisor. 

https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/?s=advisor&submit=Search shows some advisors and points out where to start. The same blog also shows the server link API, that you would need to use to test if there is a link of a certain link type. 

No, there is no simple scripting solution I am aware of.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.