It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

does it exist a way to export workitem workflow

hugues FAURE (131) | asked Aug 09 '23, 8:48 a.m.
Hi forum

I am using vers 5.0.2 of RTC Jazz, is there a way to export the workflow of a workitem in an Excel file or any other format (csv,...) ?

thanks a lot for your answer

regards

Hugues

2 answers

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.4k217) | answered Aug 09 '23, 6:29 p.m.
edited Aug 09 '23, 6:35 p.m.
I think this is what you're looking for - I use this all the time to create state charts of EWM workflows

As mentioned in the notes, you'll need graphviz as well. I just download the Graph Viz zip file and unzip into the same directory as where I put the jar file, then use a command line like this:

java -jar workflow-visualiser-0.0.4-jar-with-dependencies.jar -o ".\bre" -d ".\graphviz-8.1.0\bin\dot.exe" -f png process-bre.xml

Comments
hugues FAURE commented Aug 10 '23, 2:18 a.m.

Thanks for your answer, I will try it

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 09 '23, 2:25 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 09 '23, 2:31 p.m.
A work item does not have a workflow. It has a state and a history. A work item type has a workflow. So what is the purpose of this, what do you want to achieve and to do with the export?

The Java API would allow  to analyze the history of a work item and show the state history.

Comments
hugues FAURE commented Aug 10 '23, 2:15 a.m.
Hi Ralph

In fact my need is to have a better visualisation of the workitem type workflow.....then the table that RTC ELM is offering

regards

Hugues

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.