It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can we customize the conditions of mail templates in CCM PA.

Subhash Beesetti (111) | asked Jul 31 '23, 9:18 a.m.
edited Jul 31 '23, 11:02 a.m.

Hi,

I have been asked to send an email when a new work item is created/updated and only to send when specific attribute is filled, or send an email when a new work item is opened with a certain custom attribute value. Using email template capabilities is it possible to send the mail with that conditions?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 31 '23, 10:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you want suggestions, I would suggest you provide a better description in the question, to allow others to understand what you are doing, how and why and what the problem is. I have a hard time understanding what you ask. Some remarks:

EWM has built in e-mail capabilities. These capabilities are run and executed on the server. I am not aware that e-mails are triggered from email-templates. E-mail templates only provide the test and structure for the mails created.

If you want custom e-mail notifications, you would have to create a custom follow up action for work item save, that sends a mail, or you would have to build an asynchronous task that does something like that. These server extensions would not remove the built in capabilities. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.