It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[RTC EWM DNG RQM]Can I send an invitation email for PROJECTAREA or TEAMAREA? Use API

HIROAKI JOSAKO (47427) | asked Apr 28 '23, 2:59 a.m.

Can I send an invitation email for PROJECTAREA or TEAMAREA? Use API

I would like to send it all at once to teach a specific person among the registered members, but I think that the operation on WebUI is not efficient, so I think it can be done with API.
It was unlikely to be an old API document.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DraftTeamProcessRestApi

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 28 '23, 4:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 28 '23, 4:36 a.m.

The DraftTeamProcessAPI is, as far as I am aware, to maintain the process configuration for project and team areas and not to send invitations. I am not aware of a public REST API for this. 

In what context would such an automation run?

For EWM, there is some hint in com.ibm.team.process.internal.client.ProcessClientService.getTeamInvitation(String, String, String[]) . This is an internal API.

The Web UI uses an internal API to create the team invitation. As it is an internal API, it is not documented. You can understand how it works by looking at the browser to server communication.

Comments
HIROAKI JOSAKO commented May 08 '23, 12:34 a.m.

Thank you for the explanation.

We use The DraftTeamProcessAPI to register many users at once, such as when creating a successor project area.
I want to send an invitation email at this time.
If it's your first registration, you can just resend it to everyone from WebUI, so it's easy.
If a similar task occurs after the second time, it takes a considerable amount of time, which is an internal challenge.

InternalAPI. Tracing WebUI operations means you have to deal with the confirmation pop-up dialog for outgoing mail.
When it comes to parts that can only be completed with a browser and human interaction, scraping XML seems impossible.

Ralph Schoon commented May 08 '23, 2:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Since you are running an external application, I would suggest you use a public E-mail API to create and send the E-Mail to your e-mail server. You can control the content of the mail and the recipients.

I know that the Java EWM SDK can be used to send e-mails - see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/10/16/due-date-notifier-an-asynchronous-task-example/ , but I am not aware of a public web based API to do that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.