It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG: use CSV to import artifacts into a Collection?

M K (2515) | asked Mar 21 '23, 9:06 a.m.

I looked through various menus but maybe I just missed it... Can you import (in my case existing) artifacts into a Collection using CSV?

2 answers

permanent link
Ian Barnard (2.0k613) | answered Mar 22 '23, 4:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi

say "You can import data from comma-separated values (CSV) and spreadsheet files into folders and modules in an RM project."

So to create a collection you'll probably import into a folder then add the artiacts to a collection see https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/elm/7.0.2?topic=requirements-creating-collections

HTH
Ian

Comments
M K commented Mar 22 '23, 4:42 a.m.

the artifacts already exist, so they are already in various module folders.

after some experimentation, i created a module instead of a collection and imported existing artifacts to it with CSV, did my processing in there, then deleted the module and its content folder.

permanent link
Adrian Pitonak (641) | answered Mar 22 '23, 4:50 a.m.

Hello, 

If the artifacts are already existing, you can create a view containing all of the artifacts that are needed and create collection directly from view using "Create Collection from View..." functionality. Or is there any other step you would like to do which I'm missing here?

Regards, 
Adrian  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.