It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Licence issue

khalid INU (335) | asked Feb 16 '23, 6:00 a.m.
edited Feb 16 '23, 7:43 a.m.

Hello everyone, 

I've tried installing DNG in local, everything went right, 
but when I arrived at the step of creating a PROJECT, I had this Licences issue that says that I can't create a project.

Any help with that please, I would like just to test & interact with DNG for a personal project.

Thank youu

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Feb 16 '23, 6:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 16 '23, 7:22 a.m.

Details: 

1. Which version did you install? 
  2. What server/client operating system?
  3. Which Database? I use Derby for test installs.
  4. How did you install? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpmCASu2Dqo is a nice tutorial. Other than that dude I suggest to NEVER install into Program Files. Neither installation manager, nor ELM. Install ELM into c:\ELM7.0.2\ Installation manager into c:\IBM\InstallationManager
  5. You can not install only DNG, you have to at least also install JTS.
  6. You can and should also install the trial licenses - they expire after 60(?) days.
  7. If you want to create project areas, you must have permission to do so. You can, if you are logged in as a user with the JazzAdmin repository role - the Administrator you set up during the initial jts/setup has this.
  8. Users that want to work with requirements also require a license to do so, during the setup you enable a license for your admin, it has to be one for DNG. 

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 16 '23, 6:53 a.m. | edited Feb 16 '23, 9:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

See other youtube for more information e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmW-9XZrUcU 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.