It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Preparing the IBM ELMM 6.0.6.1 environment from one existing server to another new server.

Raj Asthana (1149) | asked Jan 03 '23, 9:27 p.m.

Hi,

I have a production IBM ELM environment is running on windows server. I have to prepare the replica of existing environment into new windows server. I have done the following steps:
1. Install IBM ELM v6.0.6.1 on new windows server.
2. Take the db copy of Production environment and copied to new target server.
3. Copied all config files from existing production server to new target IBM ELM server where ELM install.
4. Created the new databased for all the applications.
5. Change the teamserver.properties file for DB name and location.
6. Raised the new CA certificate request and got that one also.

My environment is a distributed environment with WAS Liberty application server. IHS and JTS is installed on the same server and rest of the applications are installed in different -2 servers. In IHS server have applied the CS certificate and rest of the servers are having self-signed certificate.
I got confused the further steps which need to perform first.
I am thinking first need to configure the applications so need to run the JTS set up but at some point, I do think that I have to copy the production db which I copied from production environment.
I have confusion for SSL certificate which I need to install only on IHS server and rest of the server will not need. just to install self-signed certificate.

Existing environment was prepared by another administrator so I am not getting the correct steps which could perform and able to make the replica of existing environment.

I would like to request you please assist me how to perform further steps? The sequencing of the steps...

Many Thanks.
Kind Regards.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jan 04 '23, 4:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

IBM and IBM partners offer paid consulting and services for these kinds of things. 

There is product documentation for these scenarios:

If you want to migrate to a new server, you have to make sure that the public URI of the new server is the same than the old servers. -> you have to setup a separate network and isolate the new server from the old one. You can not run these servers in the same network without risking IP address collisions or connecting data in the old and the new server. 

For the database, if you want to perform testing, you have to backup/restore the databases for the applications on a separate DB server and then replace the connection strings in the various teamserver.properties with the new connection. Even if you have to run the jts/setup, you should not have to recreate the databases.

The networking part is not something that is specific to ELM and I don't think we can answer this here. My understanding is that the IHS is the main host to talk to, the IHS then redirects to the various applications. The applications do not know the host they are running on. The applications think they have the public URI root used by the IHS. Since the IHS redirects all requests to the public URI root using the paths /ccm, /jts, etc. the applications do not have to know which host they are really running on. 

Get the information needed from above, create a plan with the steps and perform these steps in an isolated environment, until it works, adjust your documentation accordingly, until you understand the steps, data needed.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.