It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Doors Next gen version 7.0.2 : Requirement artifacts contains duplicate links with same internal ID

Abhishek Kumar (13119) | asked Jun 29 '22, 6:35 a.m.
edited Jun 29 '22, 6:36 a.m.

I imported traceability links between artifacts in DNG using Excel sheet, The import stopped in between because of the user id getting logged out from the server and the import stopped in between. I logged in again and started the import again.
After the import completed and I checked the imported data, I found that there were duplicate links created. The same artifact was linked to two artifacts with the same internal ID means i.e multiple links was present with the same internal ID.

I have attached the picture of links section and highlighted the ID with yellow strip

Comments
Ian Barnard commented Jun 29 '22, 9:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Did you do the import into a changeset which you can discard (i.e. don't deliver)? Probably best to create a support case.

Abhishek Kumar commented Jun 29 '22, 10:04 a.m.

Hi Ian,

No, the import was not done using change set. Can it be the reason that there might be just instance of that links might be existing and it can be resolved by re-indexing or server restart.
One more point I noted is like when I do the explore link option, it shows me large number of links there. And even if we delete the link, the number shown in the link section where it shows the count of links exisiting. It remains same 

Ian Barnard commented Jun 29 '22, 12:07 p.m.

You should create a support case and stop changing the affected data until you get advice from the support team.

Abhishek Kumar commented Jun 30 '22, 6:54 a.m.

Hi Ian, I am not sure of how to raise a support case with IBM directly. If you have any links for it that would be helpful

Thanks  

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 04 '22, 11:27 a.m.

There is a link called support at the top right of this web site menu. Try that. Usually customers have a team of people that maintain the servers. These would be the ones that are registered as customer contacts for support. 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.