It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG module view for artifacts in review?

M K (2315) | asked Nov 29 '22, 5:37 a.m.

Is there a column I can add (and hopefully filter on) to a DNG module view that will show me the reviews that the artifacts are included? Something akin to the "Used in Modules"?

Comments
M K commented Dec 09 '22, 9:20 a.m. | edited Dec 09 '22, 10:26 a.m.

It's been week and a half, this question has been viewed over 100 times, and not one comment or answer. So I have to assume that there is no way to show in a module view what reviews the artifacts are in. This is very disappointing.

David Honey commented Dec 09 '22, 10:31 a.m. | edited Dec 09 '22, 10:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Most contributors to this forum have a regular day job and give time to this forum as and when they can in their free time. There are no guarantees of responses to any posts in this forum. A lack of response might be because the question is unclear, people don't know the answer, or don't have the time to research an answer. Criticising the lack of response is not appropriate here and will do nothing to encourage other contributors.

If you're looking for some kind of guaranteed response, then please use Rational Technical Support. They have dedicated support engineers to work with customers to answer their questions or help resolve their issues.

M K commented Dec 09 '22, 11:01 a.m.

You misunderstood the comment. I didn't mean "not one comment or answer" is very disappointing. There is a sentence between those statements. I meant "no way to show in a module view what reviews the artifacts are in" is very disappointing. One immediately follows the other. But the irony of a Jazz developer not answering the original question and instead lecturing me on the kindness of busy strangers is not lost on me. ;) 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kimberly Boshers (1037) | answered Dec 12 '22, 9:50 a.m.

For whatever reason, Reviews are only for base artifacts. That is why the filter for Reviews doesn't work in a module. I'm not sure why it's even accessible in a module. Anyway, my workaround is to use tags or attributes to filter on for those artifacts in modules that are in a Review. You can use the Review link type on base artifacts, but I've experienced timeouts when doing this along with using the "used in modules" despite several support tickets on the issue. [v6.0.6.1 iFix028 in process of moving to v7.0.2] Hoping performance will be better for both of these in v7.0.2!!

M K selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
M K commented Dec 14 '22, 5:50 a.m.

At this point I'm advising my employer to not use DNG reviews. Can't open one in a change set. Can't add artifacts to a review or filter on them in a module. Can't reflect their status in the artifact. What's the point?

Thanks for your time and effort!

Kimberly Boshers commented Dec 14 '22, 10:40 a.m.

We tried it for a while. It's not user friendly with having to use the base artifacts and not receiving any notification when a user has completed their Review, not being able to Resolve Review artifact Comments after a Review is finalized. It got messy! We now have Review Comments in modules that are open and stuck as Unresolved. I finally figured out that we needed to Resolve all Review Comments before Finalizing...seems like this should be an automatic action when Finalizing a Review. It would also be easier if we could have the option to duplicate Reviews, since we wanted each to have similar format and instructions. We have resorted to doing Reviews through the Comments per Artifact in the module or outside of DOORS Next through email or with outputs from Views in the module.  Now off to check the RFEs/IBM Ideas portals to see if any of these ideas gained progress for v7.0.2. Thanks for the rant!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.