It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can i change/delete artifact links via excel import in DNG?

Michael Meinschaefer (485) | asked Apr 30 '20, 12:42 p.m.
edited Apr 30 '20, 12:45 p.m.
Hello everyone!

I learned how to create new links between existing artifacts in DNG by importing an excel file with the needed informations to create these links.

My Question: is it possible to delete already existing links between artifacts via an excel import, or to alter them?

For example i have artifacts 1, 2 and 3
There is a link "validates" between artifact 1 and 2.
I would like to import an excel file resulting in no link between artifact 1 and 2, but with a "validates" link between artifact 1 and 3.

Right now, an excel import yields the link between 1 and 3, but the link between 1 and 2 stays aswell.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243149) | answered Apr 30 '20, 1:58 p.m.
edited Apr 30 '20, 2:04 p.m.
Hi Michael,

If you choose the option:-

'Remove links that don't have a matching ID'

in the Link By Attribute dialog then it will delete links that do not exist in your spreadsheet imported values.

Michael Meinschaefer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Carol Watson commented Apr 30 '20, 2:08 p.m.

Wow, thanks Sean, I would never have thought to look there for a workaround!  This is a great tip for removing links.

We have a zillion DOORS 9 links from when we migrated to DNG.  I might look at this for a means to get rid of them.  We don't use DOORS Web version so they're basically useless.

Carol 

Sean F commented May 01 '20, 8:55 a.m.
Good idea Carol.

You do end up with heaps of audit trail links when you migrate from DOORS 9.

Hope that LBA link removal feature sorts them.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.