It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Milestone icon does not appear in Work Breakdown and Schedule view

Deepa M S (71) | asked Nov 09 '22, 4:42 a.m.

We have introduced Milestone workitem in Scrum template. When a plan is created, "Milestone" icon does not appear in the plan like in Formal project plan under "Accumulated Time" .

Request your feedback and support on the above issue.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 09 '22, 7:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I do not understand what you are asking. Why would a milestone Icon appear in a new, empty plan? Why would it carry any accumulated time anyway? Formal project plans do not exist in the process that is seeded using the scrum template either. 

Deepa M S commented Nov 10 '22, 4:16 a.m. | edited Nov 10 '22, 5:07 a.m.

hi Ralph,

We ahve introduced Milestone Workitem in Scrum template and created few Milestone workitems in Project Area. But when a plan is created, these Milestone workitem are displayed but the icon in Accumulated Time is missing in the Roadmap.

Regards
Deepa

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 10 '22, 5:11 a.m.

There are tons of icons in a plan. I do not know what Icon you are expecting. The roadmap view in the agile planning can show bars for work items. One bar is for a singe work item from planned start to end. Another bar is aggregating across multiple client work items (in the same project area). This requires the work item type to be marked as "Plan Item". Items can be either plan items and do aggregate or they are execution items and do not aggregate AFAIK. 

Deepa M S commented Nov 15 '22, 8:17 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for your response. There is a Milestone icon which appears Accumulated Time.  This does not appear in this Scrum project plan.

Regards

Deepa 

Deepa M S commented Nov 18 '22, 5:10 a.m. | edited Nov 18 '22, 6:12 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Do you have any updates for my above question.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 18 '22, 5:28 a.m.

I am not Jazz.net and I can only spend so much time here. No, I do not have anything and I also do not know if anyone can answer this with the information that was provided. 

David Honey commented Nov 18 '22, 6:11 a.m. | edited Nov 18 '22, 6:38 a.m.

Deepa, this is not a support channel. People who participate here do so in their spare time from their regular day job as a gesture of goodwill. It's up to posters to provide sufficient detailed information in any question that might assist other contributors to this forum to easily understand the question. If nobody answers your question, that might mean that the question is unclear, that nobody knows, or nobody has the time to investigate. If you're looking for guaranteed response times, then please submit a ticket to IBM Rational support where they have dedicated support engineers to address issues and questions from customers.

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.